Cigar Box Purse Suggestions

The smoke shop in my office building just gave me a bunch of wood cigar boxes ((score!!)) so I'm finally going to make that cigar box purse I've always wanted.

I have a few ideas but just wandered if any ladies had any pointers before I get started.

Any other suggestions for cigar boxes? They gave me around 10, so a few will become trinket boxes too.

2. # ADS

Hello Jenny C,

I made 2 this summer, had a ton of fun with it. A company called Out of the Box makes all of the findings you need to do the handles and the hinges. Last time I checked they have a website. :)

I made one with a sunflower theme because I wear a number of things with sunflowers on them. I used scrapbook quotes about joy and happiness and then sunflower "wallies" and decoupaged them.

The other one I made had a mermaid theme, I'm a pisces. I used a mermaid card someone gave me that I liked a lot and framed the card with purple and pink shimmery ribbon, with four big seashells. The same on each side of the purse. I used gold paint as the base for the box and green for the trim.

I found putting the handle on challenging, you need to use an electric drill so a friend did it for me - she's more handy with that type of thing. She also helped me get the hinges on. I sort of wish I'd done the hinges and handle before I decorated them - so its something to consider.

If you have 10 of them - sounds to me like you could have a number of holiday gifts in your hands right now. Think of purses that friends and loved ones would get a kick out of. I mainly used decoupage for mine but I think you could use other type of crafty efforts for one.... :)

Have fun!

:) Abigail

Quote Originally Posted by abigailamy
    Hello Jenny C,

I made 2 this summer, had a ton of fun with it. A company called Out of the Box makes all of the findings you need to do the handles and the hinges. Last time I checked they have a website. :)
    Do you know the URL, I did a search but didn't seem to turn up anything. Thanks.

Hello Lemonfish,

www.nicolecrafts.com

:) Abigail

Remove Ads

Ads