Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    161

    pumpkin carving ideas needed!

    my bosslady just volunteered me to represent our department in the company pumpkin-carving contest. i picked up my pumpkin and my set of carving tools (Pumpkin Masters, yay!). the package of tools includes a book of designs, but i want to do something... different. something off the beaten track, but not too terribly complicated that it'll take me days and days to finish...

    anyone have ideas? links to instructions?

    thanks muchly!

  2. # ADS

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    305
    this link was posted on the political jack-o-lantern thread:

    http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holidays/halloween
    /pumpplans.html

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    65
    If you like Homestar Runner, you could use one of their pumpkin carving templates! :)

    http://www.homestarrunner.com

    I wrote about the time my friends and I carved pumpkins on my zine website here! :)

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by copacetic
    If you like Homestar Runner, you could use one of their pumpkin carving templates! :)

    http://www.homestarrunner.com

    I wrote about the time my friends and I carved pumpkins on my zine website here! :)
    excellent work!

    and dang, if i didn't just spend the last half hour looking at the main menus on homestarrunner!! thanks for reminding me of that site, i totally forgot about it!

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by smachel
    this link was posted on the political jack-o-lantern thread:

    http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holidays/halloween
    /pumpplans.html
    ooooo, those are excellent designs!

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    379
    I'm trying to do an Alfred Hitchcock theme this year for pumpkins... A flock of birds on one, the outline of Alfred Hitchcock (from his TV show "Alfred Hitchcock presents") on another, and the outline of Jimmy Stewart from the retro Vertigo poster on another. I'm trying to think of other ideas, too... But it's a start. :)

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    446
    do you just get one pumpkin to do? or can you work a theme for multiples?

    and how smart of your boss to choose you! i'm sure you are the craftiest person there.

    are you allowed to use embellishments, etc? you could go abstract - i love the flock of birds, maybe a tree with falling leaves, something to do with nature. or go cute - a sweet girl pumpkin face and sew a dress and body to attach to the bottom of it. though that's not really pumpkin carving, so i don't know how high that would score you.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    do you just get one pumpkin to do? or can you work a theme for multiples?

    and how smart of your boss to choose you! i'm sure you are the craftiest person there.

    are you allowed to use embellishments, etc? you could go abstract - i love the flock of birds, maybe a tree with falling leaves, something to do with nature. or go cute - a sweet girl pumpkin face and sew a dress and body to attach to the bottom of it. though that's not really pumpkin carving, so i don't know how high that would score you.
    one pumpkin, but i'm thinking i'm going to incorporate a smaller pumpkin into the project. and battery-operated lights. i didn't see any rules about what could and couldn't be incorporated, but it is a "carving" contest, so i must carve.

    will post photos when i'm done, assuming it all goes as planned, and i can actually do what i'm picturing in my mind...

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    379
    Maybe have a big pumpkin with some kind of monster with an open mouth, and the little pumpkin with someone running away?

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    Maybe have a big pumpkin with some kind of monster with an open mouth, and the little pumpkin with someone running away?
    how did you know that's what i was thinking of???!!! ;-)

    i'm going to have the little pumpkin being eaten by the bigger one. scary, huh?


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ideas Needed for a Kick Butt Robot Party
    By Selah in forum Share A Craft
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 09:00 AM
  2. PUMPKIN LIP BALM
    By alohomora in forum Share A Craft
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 11:29 AM
  3. pot luck party- theme ideas needed!
    By photogrl in forum Freestyle
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 11:25 PM
  4. my baby sister - ideas needed fellow craftistas!
    By SheIsMe! in forum Freestyle
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
  5. pumpkin seeds!
    By smachel in forum Consuming Pleasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 10:00 AM

Search tags for this page

alfred hitchcock presents pumpkin carving

,

carve pumpkin alfred hitchcock outline

,

hitchcock outline pumpkin

Click on a term to search for related topics.