Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Holiday Gift Ideas for Co-workers

Hey Ladies,

I've checked out this site on and off for years and love it although this is my first post.

I'm trying to get a jump on holiday gift ideas for coworkers to avoid any last minute craziness. I'm looking for something I could make for say up to 30 people, mostly women but some guys too, which would be relatively inexpensive. I usually do cookies, gingerbread men, etc. Last year I did rice crispy snowmen which turned out cute, but I'd rather do something nonfood this year since we all get bombarded with food the whole season. Any ideas, preferably non-religious? I've searched the forums for ideas and haven't found any, except for ornaments, so I hope this post is not redundant.

Thanks
    Sharon

2. # ADS

Every year I make holiday soap for my co-workers. I only have about 12 people in my dept. (hospital adminstration) but it could work for you too. Everyone appreciates the gift because it's something they can use. You can buy pretty much everything you need at a craft store like Michael's or Joann's.

Candles, like sushi candles made with beeswax in colors, or gel candles with some local touch .

Assortment of hand stamped cards and note paper?

i did soap one year and minicomics the next

Last year I took clear plastic hand soap containers, peeled off any stickers, filled it up with aquaruim rocks, glitter, and some silk flowers, and then put new clear liquid soap in them. I think I hot glued some flowers around the dispensers of some too. It was an idea I got off of a website..I'll try to find it again. They came out nice, I was going to do it agian this year but I got other plans!

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I think I may try the soap depending on what I find at the craft store. I'm thinking "snowflake soap" with a minty scent in snowflake shapes. Ooh la la!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzymahoney
    Candles, like sushi candles made with beeswax in colors, or gel candles with some local touch .

Assortment of hand stamped cards and note paper?
    Any instructions or illustrations for the candles?

a good cheap present for co-workers:

get one of those glass bowls with the ruffles at the top that they have at michaels, they are only 1 dollar-- do you know what kind i am talking about ?

get some 10 -20 ct small xmas lights and put them in the glass ball, fill with potporri. cover the top with some tulle, and put an elastic band around the tulle, and then a ribbon around the elastic band.

these come out very lovely, and people enjoy them. when you plug in the lights it warms up the potpourii, you should attach a note that says "do not leave alone, treatas you would a candle" i did a fire test and left mine on for 6 hours and nothing happened, but better to be safe than sorry. hope you understood this description

anyone know where to get cheap potpourri ?

I've found that things that people can use for their holiday entertaining make great gifts. Coasters, cocktail napkins, wine glass charms, placeholders, holiday music (particularly jazz, lounge, latin, or pretty much any instrumental), ornaments, and napkin rings are all inexpensive and easy to make in bulk. They can also be easily personalized to suit the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by kcaob
    a good cheap present for co-workers:

get one of those glass bowls with the ruffles at the top that they have at michaels, they are only 1 dollar-- do you know what kind i am talking about ?

get some 10 -20 ct small xmas lights and put them in the glass ball, fill with potporri. cover the top with some tulle, and put an elastic band around the tulle, and then a ribbon around the elastic band.

these come out very lovely, and people enjoy them. when you plug in the lights it warms up the potpourii, you should attach a note that says "do not leave alone, treatas you would a candle" i did a fire test and left mine on for 6 hours and nothing happened, but better to be safe than sorry. hope you understood this description

anyone know where to get cheap potpourri ?

Cute idea.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads