decoupaging matchboxes

I have a quick question for anyone who's glued pictures or findings on matchboxes (that will be used as matchboxes until the matches run out): do you have to use a certain kind of glue because of the nearness of fire (it's a matchbox, after all), or does it not matter?

I'd also like to paint a few, but I'm not sure if acrylic paint will be too flammable for this application. Anybody know?

2. # ADS

That's a good question. I would think that Modge Podge would be non-flamable because I've seen glass votives done with it. You would think that a candle holder would have to be non-flamable...right? But the paint, I don't know.

as far as i understand it (and PUH-LEEZE!) correct me if i'm wrong, once the glue is dry, it's no longer flammable. have fun! if i get the chance later i'll upload some of the matchboxes that i did once upon a time.

If that's true about the glue, I'll assume it's true about the paint, too. I'll make a few and test them out, and if my hand catches on fire or anything, I'll post a big warning here, heh.

Thanks for your help, guys! : )

Remove Ads

Ads