what to DO with resin

i have some resin and would LOVE to get soem more ideas about what to do with it. i used it one time to make a belt buckle and was wondering if your ladies (and gents) had any other little projects i could do and give as gifts. fire away!

2. # ADS

I once saw a thread somewhere that had the most fantastic resin jewelry. Basically she cut out little images (either square or round), put a small dollop of resin on them, spread it around with a plastic knife, let it dry for 24 hours, then flipped it over and put resin on the back, let it dry, then drilled holes in each side with a dremel and connected them with jump rings to make bracelets (or put hooks on top for earrrings). They were AWESOME. If I had resin, I'd try it...

Seal a tray,table,or wood box.Or do the jewelry in ice cube trays with mold release.Dremel a hole and atatch as desired.

i think they make bracelet backings with recesses where you can lay an image in and then cover it with reisin and you've got it already linked together w/ a clasp.

I've recently been addicted to Crafters Coast to Coast on HGTV, and the other day they had an artist that created bottle cap earrings. She placed objects in bottle caps and filled them with resin. Then she drilled holes for the earring hardware. They were pretty neat. I'm sure the HGTV website would have more information. Good Luck!

I've recently been addicted to Crafters Coast to Coast on HGTV, and the other day they had an artist that created bottle cap earrings. She placed objects in bottle caps and filled them with resin. Then she drilled holes for the earring hardware. They were pretty neat. I'm sure the HGTV website would have more information. Good Luck!

Apparantly I have no idea what this "resin" you're talking about is. I was thinking hash or soemthing...

Quote Originally Posted by LizQuincy
    Apparantly I have no idea what this "resin" you're talking about is. I was thinking hash or soemthing...
    resin is a nasty smelling goops that turns into a hard plastic when a catylyst is added to it. you can make solid, clear items with stuff embedded in it.

Remove Ads

Ads