Bread Dough Ornaments

Last month I sold the house I inherited, we've been there since 1971. Any ways I came across a box of bread dough ornaments my mom and I made way back in 1978. Most of the ornaments were in great shape. The best ones-really they looked like they were made yesterday. Were the one's we'd dipped into polyurethane. The next best were polyurethane spray sealer, then just spray sealer and lastly, delicate, crumbling and badly yellowing, were the one's we'd 1st done, sealed with hair spray-big blue cans of Rain Net Aqua Net's cheaper "cousin" we'd buy from Pick N Save. I hope to find the box again soon and post some pictures of these wonderfully OLD ornaments. I'd know where everything is if I hadn't had to go and stay in hospital for 47 days in the middle of the move. And was too weak to do any of the last half of boxing up, loading and unloading. But I just really wanted to let people know that if made and properly sealed, bread dough ornaments can last at least 42 years.
    I was also very surprised and happy to have found things my mom made-she wasn't very crafty.

2. # ADS

Remove Ads

Ads