Question Faux leather earrings

Hello, I’m Nicole, just joined today. This looks like the right sub-forum to post in.

I’m wondering if anyone makes faux leather earrings. I just bought a starter kit off Amazon and have been looking for inspiration on Etsy and Pinterest. It looks like everyone uses a Cricut machine and I don’t have one. I’m curious if any of you who make them, make them without that machine.

I have so far pencil traced and scissor cut a few pieces. It is definitely tedious and only a few pieces of cutting puts quite the scissor indent to my fingers. I have looked for die cuts on Etsy, but all I’ve found are from shops in China, and I can’t afford that shipping cost. And I have found many less options on Amazon that would be easier to purchase, but then I’m missing out on lots of shapes and multiple sizes of those shapes. I’m curious if anyone knows of a US based vendor who sells die cuts in various shapes and multiple sizes specifically for making these earrings....

And until I research/invest in a Cricut, I’m curious about the ease of cutting out punch holes (like a hallow heart in the middle of a teardrop piece) with an X-acto knife....and I’m curious if a paper hole punch is capable of going through the faux leather.

Actually I might rather go with a manual Sizzix machine over a Cricut.
    Last edited by Swansoda; 07-03-2020 at 04:57 PM.

2. # ADS

Remove Ads

Ads