Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sleeping mask???

hi :-)
    i want to make some sleeping masks - deluxe versions of the ones you get on the plane, worked on the shape and design - but- with what should i pad them? any suggestions? has anyone done this ?
    would love to heart from you !

2. # ADS

oh, you know what? i was thinking the sleeping masks and a pair of pjs would be cute as christmas gifts. of course, i haven't gotten around to making them yet...i guess for bdays and next christmas. haha, but the way i was gonna make the masks was just with 'heavy' material but nothing inside. my mom had one and hers just had cardboard or something in it. but i thot they'd be cute if you made them with some nice nice softy material for one side (presumably the side for the users' eyes) and then the other side use some funky material like fluff or monster hair or something. but i don't think they need to be stuffed. as long as the material is thick enough that the light won't come through. or, i guess you could stuff them with batting or something? but i bet if you made like, fleece pajama pants and used the scraps to make a cozy fleecy eye rester thing, noone would notice if they were stuffed or not. ^_^

i was thinking the sleeping masks and a pair of pjs would be cute as christmas gifts. of course, i haven't gotten around to making them yet...i guess for bdays and next christmas.

that was exactly what i was thinking...!!!! *lol* to late..
    i didn't want to put cardboard in because i'd like to be able to wash them..but maybe heavy fabric would do, each side a different fabric sounds good - i wanted to do a white one and draw gucci sunglasses on it for a friend....

great minds think alike ^_^ cute cute cute

I have an eye pillow filled with flaxseed which is nice because it's heavy and gets into the eye holes and nose creases and makes it super dark. I'd love a mask with flax pockets in the eyes, if I was mildly competent with sewing I'd have some of my own :)

What about using a small amount of quilt padding? I am experimenting with making sachets using some quilt fabric remnants filled with lavender. That would be nice too and smell good.

Quote Originally Posted by sharonius
    What about using a small amount of quilt padding? I am experimenting with making sachets using some quilt fabric remnants filled with lavender. That would be nice too and smell good.
    lavender sounds wonderful..hmmm, i had some growing here....
    by the way: found a WONDERFUL tutorial on craftster on how to make sleeping masks

kindarana: doesn't flaxseed turn bad at some point??? i sprinkle the stuff on my yogurt.. :-)

What about buckwheat? I know they make pillows out of buckwheat - and I think it's got the same feeling as flaxseed would - maybe a bit bulkier.

Buckwheat with some lavender thrown in there - heaven.

Maybe it turns bad for eating, but I haven't noticed any strange smells coming from it...

Where do you get flaxseed or buckwheat for pillow filler? I got a cute little fleece comfort pillow for my cat after her surgery that you can stick in the microwave and warm up, and I'd like to make two more for the other cats since these only come in one pattern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads