Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Somewhere to hang my hat(s)...

Hey all;

I'm new to this current glitter; however, I did frequent the old glitter nearly two or so years ago. Anyway, i'm currently cleaning (or attempting) to clean my bedroom and give my life some sense of order.

So anyway, I decided many years ago that my collection would be hats. Not sensible when one has no room. I have about twenty or so hats (that I can find) and I'm wondering - what's a cute and space saving hat rack that I can make rather effortlessly? Ideas? Suggestions? All help is appreciated.

Lauren

2. # ADS

Wire strung accross a wal,clip the hats on with binder clips or clothes pins with felt on the pads so they don't mark the hats.

great topic! i also am looking for a way to store and display my hats. i have about 10 great ones (including a velvet pirate hat!) and a few caps that i'd like to have out. i was thinking of getting hatboxes for seasonal storage, and maybe three or four mannequin heads for the others. any ideas where one could buy those reasonably priced?

Probably get the heads at a wig shop or at a Sally Beauty Supply? I'm guessing... And then line the heads on one of those stick-to-the-wall shelves from Ikea... sounds like a fun bedroom look!

I like Deborah's idea! They also have those hooks that are attatched with adhesive, and you pull the tab to remove the hook...anyway...it would be kind of cute to hang them like a border around the room. There they would be on display, but wouldn't take up extra room :)
    Ky*~

ti
    they have some cool looking glass heads @ pier one imports.

http://www.pier1.com/store/productde...SearchTypeID=2

Well, my hat collection eventually led to a collection of hat boxes... but I shouldn't encourage you to do that if you don't have the room.

Before I moved, I had a large candlestick on my dresser, which I used to hang a hat. One day a vinyl wig box that I was using to store hats in broke, and I found that hole in the bottom of the styrofoam half-circle from the bottom of the wig box fit onto the drip-catcher of the candlestick (this is getting rather complicated, isn't it?).

So, my idea is, rather than building hat stands from scratch (which I was considering for a time), to thrift for large candlesticks and turn them into hat stands by getting styrofoam spheres from the craft store, cutting them in half, and fitting them over the top of the candlestick, and maybe covering the styrofoam with a stretchy fabric or something.

I hope that makes sense. Another option that just occurred to me is that you could keep an eye out for store closings where they're selling the fixtures, and try to buy one of the store hat stands.

-S

I have scored several mounted antlers that I am fixing up to display hats in my booth. I have found them at rummage sales.

I have a plastic covered metal shelf about a foot from the ceiling in my closet in three walls. My hats love to look down at me when I enter. the open shelves allows for them to breathe.

I have a plastic covered metal shelf about a foot from the ceiling in my closet in three walls. My hats love to look down at me when I enter. the open shelves allows for them to breathe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads