Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what craft did you start that's unlikely to be finished?

i'll start - i have a huge celtic counted cross-stitch. it's really a cool pattern. i orginally thought i'd commit to working on it an hour a day during lent, but i lasted about a week with that because i couldn't find a consistent hour to commit.

i wonder how many years it will take for me to get it done. i usually don't worry about when i'm going to finish something. i'm very goal oriented, so i do tend to finish what i start. but this? this is going to take years, for real. even if i dropped every other craft i have, it would still take years.

anyone else have something that will take a loooong time to finish?

2. # ADS

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that whatever I don't finish the same day I start is going to sit around the craft room for a looooong time. As I type, I'm looking at an unfinished costume bra. I even had a girl from class come over and work on it with me. We cut it out and got everything pinned - all I have to do is sew. It's been sitting right where she left it ever since. It's all hand sewing, to be sure, but I could theoretically do it while I watch TV. I have no excuse, really.

Also, I have not finished a set of handmade bibs that I am making for a friend. She had her baby last November. I'm thinking I'd better go ahead and start working on the kid's graduation present.

Quilts. I have two that I never quilted or finished the edges on. I have 3-4 that I cut all the blocks out, sewed the blocks, but never put them together. I just can't seem to finish quilts...

I have 5 patches of a 9 patch quilt that i started in september of 2001, since it lives at my parents' house, the liklihood of it getting finished now is pretty slim.

I've also been working on a scarf on size 7 needles since I moved to California in January of 2003, it is just so tiny that it takes forever and i get handcramps, I've done two baby blankets since then but that scarf takes forever.

jt

The soccar ball pillow that is geometricly correct and was suppose to be for my husband,and a purse with frame that is just too complicated to try and fix.

The reason I wanted to learn how to sew is that my sister was supposed to be making me a shirt with this cool retro flannel from Repro Depot. That was 3 years ago and she's still working on it! And despite the two attempts I've made at a class, I'm a sewing moron who has serious problems with remembering how to thread a bobbin or make a stitch without clogging up the needle. So the 'project' I had for that class, ended up going to a seamstress. Maybe someday I'll get a patient sewing teacher and finally learn how to use a machine.

I have several!

The two that come to mind first- a cross-stitch called "the queen of cross-stitch" that looks like a queen playing card but with sewing notions on it. I think I have about 2 square inches done, and it's like 11 x 14 finished.

The other thing is I bought a cheap paper-making kit about 3 years ago that's still in the bag. But I want to do it!

I started a skirt last summer and I doubt i'll ever finish it. It needs a zipper and a hem. I tried it on and it makes me look lumpy. The darts are wonky because I did them wrong - I could probably fix it but I am not able to confront my fear of failure.

Uhhh letssee....

Unfinished knitted shoulder wrap for my dad who is always cold.

Bought cool marble magnet supplies, but my printer died so I haven't been able to print out any images...

Bottle caps with pics glued in them all ready for resin, but it's not been poured yet. These are going to go on my bathroom mirror frame...

Ever since I A. Started working again and B. My dad because terminal I just haven't had the energy to get things done :(

Would anyone be interested in an unfinished project or project supply swap? I've heard of people buying unfinished quilts etc at garage sales etc. That could be kinda cool....

-Leah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads