Thread: I need fleece

I need fleece

I am trying to find fleece (to make one of those no-sew blankets). It's for my 14 yr. old son and the only interest that he has is (besides the computer) is music. He plays guitar and drums and he's also a big rock & roll fan. I'd like to make a more "masculine" blanket for him with something along those lines. Please help if you have any suggestions. I've looked everywhere!

Thanks

2. # ADS

Jo-Ann fabric generally has the most fleece of any chain.

Drum/music motif would be hard to find, but there are plenty of other color and pattern combos to select from. Lots of men like the animal print with a reverse solid look, as in a blue leopard spotty side and a medium blue backer. You can coordinate patterned fleece by color and theme, too. Let's say wolf in the wilderness panel on one side backed by a camo motif or an evergreen motif.

Guys generally do not attach much significance to the motif we select. Even if you drove 100 miles to find fleece with guitars, he might not realize it was intentional.

You are probably so right about driving 100 miles and them not noticing the thought that went into it!! But, you see, I sometimes have this problem of always wanting everything to be perfect!! I need to quit. I did check my local Jo Ann Fabrics and online and didnt find anything I liked. Thanks for the help!

some of the polar fleece blankies are so cheap! I got one for 3.50 (on sale from 4 dollars) at the savon before christmas. You could buy two of those and cut them up to make the double sided blankie, i know that seems kind of silly but it would be cheaper than buying the fleece by the yard! They had animal prints and cool things that were not very baby/feminine, but i'm not sure where else you could get them that cheap, maybe target? I've seen them for 8 dollars there.

jt

That would have been my reply as well. Unfortunately, even though you want to create a gift from the heart, it is cheapr to buy already-made fleece blankets than it is to buy fleece by-the-yard. It is a drag! I have thought about buying fleece blankets to cut up for crafts for this reason.

That said, perhaps you could focus less on the pattern (print, I mean) and more on the quality and perhaps choose a favorite solid color. Someone just passed along a yard of sherpa fleece to me. It is knit (stretchy), but so oh-so-soft and dreamy!

I agree with focusing on quality fleece, sometimes it seems like the patterned are not as nice as the solid colors. Also if you have two solid colors them when you tie them together you get a nice contrast.

Have you thought about embellishing solid color stuff, perhaps with a music applique? I made a bunch of fleece blankets for Christmas gifts that I added appliques to. People seemed to like them, because I tried to make the appliques related to their interests, or just put their name on the blankets. I think we all like seeing ourselves in print yes?

Remove Ads

Ads