Thread: cd cases?

cd cases?

i am going to be sending a demo of my music to some labels, and i wanted to make it stand out. i was thinking of cross stitching my little pixelated logo onto a strong backing or something, but i never have cross stitched before so i'm not sure if that would work. does anyone know if this has been done before? or have you ever seen any other relatively easy and cool cd cases?

merci!

2. # ADS

check out 'the point' it is an album from the seventies with a cross stitch cover (though printed for production)
    otherwisei think cross stitching would be cool.... very time consuming ifyou have never done it... but cool for sure!
    you could pick up a kit so that you could have instructions...
    i am rambling... good luck!

cd cases

I know a girl who made a quilted cd case. It was pretty cool and so different. I think you should definitely do the crossstitch thing because I'm sure record labels have seen a lot, but maybe not that.

I just saw some cd cases for sale in an art shop this weekend that had vintage postcards glued onto a piece of cardstock, which then slid into the case. Oh, and the postcard was outlined with glitter-glue. A similar design was on the back of the case, but with a quote instead of a postcard. They were pretty nice, but they were on sale for $13 (just for the case!)

well, i think i will try the cross stitch thing, i went to Michaels and bought a plastic backing that i will velcro onto the normal cardboard sleeve i have. now i just need to convert my image into a chart, but i think this will look cool! i will post pics when i am done. :)

thanks for the replies!

Remove Ads

Ads