Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shrinky Dink stuff?

Someone in the blogs made really neat flower pins using shrinky dink plastic stuff.. Can you buy that plastic at craft stores? How do you do it? I made My Little Pony shrinky dinks when I was little, but I don't remember how!

2. # ADS

i have a package of plain shrinky dink stuff that my sister gave me when she was purging her craft supplies. i'm assuming you can probably get it at any craft place. the only think i didn't like about it was that it is completely smooth, so you have to sand the surface if you want to use pencils like the ones we used back in the day. made some cool christmas gift tags with it a couple years back - just used permanent marker and those metallic paint pens. they took me back to the days of my old smurf shrinky dinks!

reminding me of days of those newfangled 'outliner pens' and colorforms!
    think i'll have to do some shrinkydinking today.

Well I got the super duper shrink plastic and now I just have to decide what to make first.. Christmas gift tags.. thats a great idea. I might have to do that.

so i whipped out my shrinkydink stuff today and decided to spray some with a clear lacquer to rough it up enough to paint without sanding it first. looks like it will work all right, provided there won't be any sort of reaction.

what are you going to make? thinking of making some flowers & leaves for a little hanging curtain type thing for my kitchen window. and maybe some little dealiebobs to stick on barrettes.

don't forget that the plastic turns almost opaque, so keep that in mind with whatever you're planning. i'm going to try to paint both sides since they will be hanging. hopefully they won't stick - will use parchment to be safe.

please don't tell me you're that organized that you're already working on christmas stuff?!?!? that's just sick! ok. i'm sort of envious. it's so nice to see a sara who spells her name right! (just kidding, sarahs.)

I ordered the Shrinkydink book and shrink refills through Amazon. The plastic is rough on one side to eliminate any sanding and the book has a lot of pictures to trace and color in before baking. I also ordered "party kits" of shrinky earrings and bracelet charms.

Spraying your plastic with clear Krylon should work for you.

I agree, Sara, other Sara(h)s don't spell their names right. Whats that H for, anyway?

No no, I haven't started any Christmas stuff yet.. But I thought gift tags for all occasions, you know? My friend's birthday is coming up and I thought a gift tag that could be used as a luggage tag sort of thing would be pretty neat.

I made some stars last night and I spraypainted them. I didn't like the look of colored pencil, and permanent marker seemed to work, I just don't want to use all my little markers when I have tons of paint. Paint seems to look the best anyway. Maybe tonight I will finish a few star pins and post them in my blog.

What kinds of things do you make with shrinky dinks, besides the cool gift tags?

Get crafty user 4square uses print and shrink paper for lots of beautiful crafts... Look at her site I think she shows her process.

I bought a package of the Print and Shrink Inkjet paper at Michael's and made pins with pictures of my kittens. It was really fun and they turned out very cute.

i just make a bunch of flowers for my kitchen window - going to do a beaded curtain-type thang. i like the luggage tag idea. will have to remember that when the little ones have places to go with little backpacks.

i did spray it with the clear lacquer since mine was so smooth. painted both sides with acrylic since they would be hanging. going to have to lacquer them since they got really matte (i'm a heavy painter.) baked them on parchment but i don't think they would have stuck anyhow. will take a picture when it's done and attempt to put it up. haven't tried posting pics - is it hard? i see so many people posting their problems with it, plus i have a moleasses computer. but i shall try.

i'm excited about the print & shrink. will have to look into it next time i'm out of the boonies (and have $ to spare.) want to make little things with my pictures of the munchkins. where do you get it and how much is it?

just saw the button maker page - buttons would be cool to make. i'd love to make jewelry (esp. those cool flower pins) but i can't wear much of anything like that with my bambina. if i made one to wear later, they would be so passe! did the fake flower pin thing about 3+ years ago when it was sex in the city, not wet seal. like the newer ones but back to baby. and there are just too many around.

I am about to see how spraypainted shrinky dinks do when they go back in the oven. I guess I want to see if they will still fuse together. I don't think the paint will burn, but it might prevent 2 pieces from sticking together. We'll see.

I think I want to make magent frames

Well I'm going to go cook the spraypainted shrinkies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads