diy garden decor(cushions and lights?)

i am going to make a fire circle patio from some stones i have in my back yard. its going to have a big copper-looking bowl in the middle for the fire, lots of potted plants like weeping fig and yellow latana, hopfuly some big wooden chairs and a small table and trays made from scrap wood.
    i also want to have some lights in a small tree next to it. i could ust use regular outdoor christmas lights, but was wondering if anyone here had some crafty ideas for outdoor-proof string lights?
    for more seating, i thought about making some giant moroccan style cushions like some i remember seeing at target (when they had that global bizzar thing going on? probably in the asian section) i tried to find a picture but that didnt work out, so ill try my best to explain. i dont really know what they were made from. i was like a wooden type material but it was woven together and made into these huge pillows(nope, not wicker). i would probably store these inside so they dont have to be super water proof, but definatly not a fabric. i'm not so sure of what to fill them with, either. humbug.

2. # ADS

I read on shemadethis.com how to make tin can lanterns. You could string those together, but they are for candles, not christmas lights. Maybe you could make a few for tables or something. You just freeze water inside of a soup can, and then hammer a nail into it in a pattern. (if you're interested, you should go to the website and read the real directions).

Well sorry I didn't really answer the questions you asked, but I'm recently obsessed with these tin can lanterns. (I need to start eating some soup before I can make any though)

woven cushion material

I bet you those cushions were made of water hyacinth...

Yes, this thread is very informative that provides the info about the garden decor such as lights and cushions. At the night your garden looking so nice if you use lights in your garden.
    samson smith
    Wind Chimes
    samson[dot]smith009[at]gmail[dot]com

I'm glad that I've found this thread as I also want to decorate my patio and I'm looking for the good ideas. I've already decided to add outdoor string lights (by the way, there is a good review on https://outdoormancave.com/best-deco...ts-for-patios/). I should say, moroccan style cushions are supposed to look great, so thanks for sharing, I'll keep the idea in mind!

Remove Ads

Ads