Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    I am wondering what wedding gift you sent her finally?

2. # ADS

Looking for some cute gifts? Check my tutorials on Www.leonies-creations.blogspot.com

Cool My Sister's Wedding Gift

Here is a picture of something I made for my sister. I made it for them to write love notes to each other on. It did not cost me anything besides the glue and a chalkboard. Lots of thought and love went into it. Sometimes the things with little to no cost make the best gifts. I might put a video together on how I made it, not sure though. Still thinking about it. I have all the footage though. It is a great wedding gift.

It was made out of bark, a piece of wood from a crate, a chalkboard, a tree branch from the tree she was married under. I made the leaves of the ivy that looks like it is growing up the sign post from clay. The sign is made out of scrap wood I found laying around. I wood burned the name to make it look like they carved their name in the side of a tree. The eraser was made out of a small scrap piece of wood, a small piece of bark and a piece of felt. The acorns are also from the tree she was married under. The only thing that I saw that needed improving on this project was that the glue I used to glue the bark to the board kind of got on the chalkboard. It doesn't hinder the chalkboard but I thought it would look better if I could have prevented the glue from getting on it. I figured that it would be an easy fix to repaint the chalkboard with more chalkboard paint. The stick across the bottom is to hold the chalk and the eraser. I loved the idea and was so excited when I came up with it. I never saw anything like it before.

I also made the card which is under the gift to the left. I made the card to look like a book.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crafty wedding gift ideas?-175.jpg  

How about cross stitch? It would be very cool to make a cross stitch for her, she can keep it forever. And you can express you sincerity. How do you think of it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads