decorating a fridge?

has anyone ever decorated a refridgerator?

i was thinking of either painting it or collaging, but i need some advice. if i paint it, what kind of paint should i use? if i collage, what sort of glue? (since i am guessing that mod-podge might not hold up to fridge-sweat).

anyone got any tips??

2. # ADS

haven't tried decorating a fridge, tho my sister did that spray granite back stuff on one in the early 90's. that seemed to work well....

but did you know that mod podge for outdoors? haven't tried it, but it's supposed to be weather-resistant so perhaps that might work. love modge podge and will shout it from the rooftops. hasn't let me down yet. perhaps it's something to look into. perhaps try a test area?

(if i still had my horrible, ancient fridge, i'd try it for you..... but lucky me, i am finally able to keep perishibles longer than a few days and no longer have a freezer that turned into a winter wonderland weekly.)

was at the craftstore the other day and saw a lot of spray paints for different distressed effects - thought a crackled fridge might be kind of cool. thought of your thread and thought i'd pass it along.

you can use shelf liner (so many patterns to choose from) and still use magnets on your fridge. i don't know of anything that would permanently hold up, but magnets in large amounts can cover many imperfections. my favorite are word magnets. and they are easy to make-just cut out words from magazines, all colors and sizes, and place them on a adhesive magnetic sheet (walmart sells them). use an x-acto knife to cut them out. simple and entertaining!

I had a friend in college who painted his fridge with regular old house paint. I can't attest to its durability, but it was really...blue.

I had a friend who bought an old-style fridge (the rounded kind) at a garage sale. She spray painted it blue and stored her stereo and cds inside. It had funky magnets on the outside. SO FREAKIN COOL (no pun intended) except her poor dad had to haul it up the stairs. When she moved she left it behind.

I've never painted a fridge. I think decorating it with magnets would be cool. You can make some cool ones with toys. Using plastic food sounds like fun. I made a magnet with a little Bert and Ernie plate and decorated it with glitter.

Remove Ads

Ads