any ideas for RAVE TSHIRTS

okay everyone. im stumped i need urgent help.. im going to a rave in a couple of weeks and wanted a really awesome tshirt for it. i was wondering if anyone has any ideas were i can order one - or make one (any ideas for designs) ANYTHING at all would be helpful for i have looked and nothing in stores have appealed to me.!

Thank you SOOO much for your help and time

shelly

2. # ADS

What exactly is a rave shirt? I don't really understand what you mean.
    Aren't they just normal shirts? People usually just wear whatever to those things.

how funny!

the day before yesterday i was just wearing my first shirt i bought at a thrift shop specifically for my first rave many, many years ago. gosh i feel old. it was just an old red/white/green funky striped fitted t-shirt. but it's cute and i love it still and it brings back happy memories. comfort is key. fun, retro prints are good if you're into that thing. breathable, short sleeved or sleeveless is the way to go. of course, my days of raving are long gone and i don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the new and hip anymore.... but remember that if you go for black, beware that there are often black lights and all your lint will show!

remember, comfort is key.

carry a little backpack or wear cargo pants so you don't have to worry about keeping track of a purse. and it's always a good thing to find out about the venue - some places will make you toss out your lipstick and anything else that might be used to vandalize their site - or don't bring anything you aren't prepared to toss.

How handy are you with an x-acto knife? I've made a few tees recently using stencils I've made myself. I'm rarely impressed by my own endeavors, but the shirts turned out great, and they're really easy and cheap to make. All it cost was a roll of freezer paper and a knockoff x-acto knife from Dollar tree. I already had the shirts and a tube of fabric paint.

This site has a forum.
    http://www.stencilrevolution.com
    And I think there's plenty of info over at craftster regarding t-shirt reconstruction and stencilling.

LMK if you want a tut on how I did mine.

www.ohmystars.net is a really great place for tshirt reconstruction and stencilling help

just dress as you normally would for a nite out, not many people "rave out" anymore (i.e. day glo clothing or big pants etc.)
    most people who do dress like that these days get funny looks from the old skoolers 90% of the time
    plus, the main reason people wore stuff like that was for drug related reasons
    i've been attending for over 7 years and i dress as though i'm going to an upscale bar, but then again that's what i comfortable wearing :)

but if you're set on the cute t-shirt thing here's some sites
    http://urbn.com
    http://auraze.com/
    http://ultrad.com/ufo1.html

to give you a few ideas, here's what i used to wear ((i am also only 5'3 and petite, so everything was huge on me))
    auraze pants, size medium http://64.227.152.130/miva/merchant....Code=Originals
    ufo pants size medium (guys style only, girls style are too tight) http://ultrad.com/ufoblacstrin.html
    and as for shirts, a lot of ecko or triple five soul gear ((usually a hooded sweatshirt, zip up hoodie, a turtleneck sweater, or some urban style shirt... never tanks or short sleeves, even in summer))

anyway, hope this helps a little... i still opt for going in what your comfortable in :)

have fun!

one of the reasons i was attracted to raves was a diy-ethic from people i met there. now that electronic music is more and more commercial, moving into bars and people dressing to preen and look important VS dressing for individuality, raves are a kind of a rare sanctuary.

like illybang said, go for what you're comfortable in.

i'd avoid any references to drugs if you're going to put a phrase on your shirt. it will bother some folks (like me) who get annoyed at all the media attention to raves and drugs, and ignore all the energy and positivity they offer. and you'll probobly get random folks asking you where to get drugs. and you'll probobly get more attention from cops, who aren't often very nice to ravers because of misunderstanding fueled by that aforementioned media.

i prefer layers, esp when it's cold out. (i wore/still wear tanks. it's hot as hell once you start dancing).

maybe draw a silhouette of someone dancing. or turntables. i guess it depends on what kind of music you like. people, even at raves, will stereotype you a bit. so if you want to roll with the stereotypes, if you like happy hardcore, put some kind of large-eyed anime-esque girl holding a teddy bear image on the front of your shirt. if you're a budding junglist, hoodies over some t-shirt with some record label... wait that's not diy... over some t-shirt with an image of a spraycan, or some turntables, or grafitti, would be semi-appropriate. techno kids, they tend to dress the most mainstream around here i guess, with regular proportions to their clothes.

it's a rave, wear whatever makes you happy ;)

and leave some spare socks and an extra bottle of water in the car. and probobly your makeup, and any edible candy. sometimes they won't let cameras in. depends on the headliners.

((i just got to see goldie for free!!!! and it was wierd. lots of people left the room to go to the "vip" room, where someone was playing radio-friendly rap/r&b. i love rap, but that people were drawn from goldie to that commercialness was astounding to me. guess they weren't there for goldie after all. and those suckers even paid the ten dollar cover)).

have fun!

i always thought this image would be cute on a t-shirt, and it has a "rave" related theme (headphones)

taken from http://www.kozyndan.com

h_pets... what kind of "raver" where/are you (music genre)? i had to laugh at your junglist description, i used to deck out in all that gear and am still jungle thug style (a description me and friends came up with years ago) at heart ;)

Remove Ads

Ads