Thread: GIFT IDEAS

GIFT IDEAS

My older brother and I are sharing a graduation party in 2 weeks. He is graduating from college and I am graduating from high school and as a fellow "broke youngster" I thought it might be nice to make him something. Let's see.. he's 20 yrs. old and works at a mechanics shop but is graduating with an electronic degree. Any crafty gift ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS

What I used to do as graduation gifts for my friends was to buy a photo album, you know the kind with the plastic pages that would hold two or three photos each in their own little slot? They're available pretty much everywhere, they should be at all generic craft stores & also places like Wal-Mart & Target. Anyways, since I never had enough photos to fill a whole album I'd scatter the pictures throughout the album then in the empty spots I'd use index cards [Index cards are conviently sold in the same size as standard photos, 3x5 and 4x6. Or if you're feeling super crafty you can use cardstock & make your own.] and decorate them & write interesting quotes or bits of poetry on them & then if they were good friends I'd include a disposable camera with the album so that maybe one day they will have enough photos to fill the album with :) Just a thought. Or you could buy a plain wooden picture frame & paint it & decorate it with a graduation theme or some other them your brother likes.

Congratulations on both your graduations :D

I second the photo idea - I gave my bro a nice framed photo of just us as a gift once. In fact, it is the only photo he has of us and one of the few he has up in his house. Guys are not as likely as women to frame pictures(at least in my family), so he might like to have one. Plus, since you both are at turning points in your lives & perhaps moving on or away(ie maybe won't be seeing each other as much) it would be nice thing for him to have! Maybe one of you two as kids and a more recent one?
    Congratulations and good luck to you both!

thanks

Thank you both so much. It really sounds like a good idea.. I hadn't thought about it, but it's true about guys not framing photos. Well, for him anyways. Thanks about the 'congrats' too. :)

Nice idea!!
    samson smith
    Wind Chimes
    samson[dot]smith009[at]gmail[dot]com

Remove Ads

Ads