Gift ides for a 12/f ?

Hey one of my best friends is having her B-Day this Friday. I have no idea what to buy her. I wear some of the stuff that I make to school and she really loves them. So I want to make something for her. I don't have a lot of stuff and I can only buy things that can be found at a dollar store. I only have a day in a half to do it but I am fast when it comes to stuff like this! Someone please help me! PLEASE!!

2. # ADS

Does your friend like to wear flip-flops?? You could take the dollar store variety and embellish it to suit her tastes. If you get lucky to find a small handbag you could decorate it to match the flops...
    Sandals seem pretty popular with teens right now.

what if you got a few notebooks and collaged them?

They are great for journals or even shared journals....my friends and I used to write our letters back and forth in one journal.

You could make her a cute little money purse and then sew her name on it.

I made my friend a head band and sewed her name on it. It was really cool, you could do something like simple like that and then personalise it.

Tote bags are really "in" at my school right now. They're great for schools with no backpack policies for the hallway or instead of a backpack, plus they can be customized quite easily and are really quick to make.

My favorite quick thing lately is to take an old pair of jeans or pants and make them into a purse. I currently carry a cheetah print purse like that. You can line it or not. Just cut off the jeans at the crotch, sew it, then take material from the legs and cut it to make straps--short or long straps is up to you. Lots of pockets for everything! I even had a short zipper and used more of the leg materal to make a matching cosmetic bag.

A "no backpack" policy? What the heck is up with that? (I'm so out of the loop, here; that just strikes me as odd.)

Hair accessories are also fun, and reasonably cheap.

Maybe think about what you've made that she has liked, and make something similar?

My school is really messed up. A while back, we couldn't hug anyone, because that was so incredibly scandalous, just like showing your ankle :o But no backpacks is when they don't let you use a backpack to carry around your books because people trip on them and apparently they're going to break their leg, die, or sue.

edit// tote bags are super easy to be made out of t-shirts, if she has a fave t-shirt that is too small or too big, you can always give your friend a "coupon" and then offer to make her shirt or something into a totebag.

Remove Ads

Ads