Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tons of Bottles! What to do?

Hey, Okay so i bought a ton of old coca-cola bottles because i was making a necklace out of the pop caps. I know, I know not my brightest idea yet, but anyway i made my necklace wich came out cute, but now i have a bunch of bottles and no ideas. I tried using some as vases, but they didnt look very good. Do you guys have any good ideas? Let me know.
    Thanks!

2. # ADS

I can't picture coca cola bottles....are they colored glass?

You could glue them together in a circle around a metal base and it could be a pillar candle holder.

Use them as "supports" between shelves in an open bookshelf type of thing in each of the four corners. If you can put a dowel through them (cut a hole or smash out the bottoms) it might be stronger...dunno if four glass bottles would be strong enough by themselves - plus the rod going through them would be sturdier as far as holding the bookshelf together anyway.

What didn't look right about the vase idea? If it wasn't the shape of the bottle just the look of the bottle you could always glue paper to it or paint it to make it different. If it was the shape, then I don't know.

Don't know how far you want to go with this, but you could also cut the top of the bottles off to make votive holders (paint the glass or cover with something to change the color with this too)

A windchime.

Edit: why can't I come up with stuff when it's MY project I want to make??? I promise you, if it was me with a bunch of coke bottles I would be posting the same question. :)

Depending on whether you rent, own, or squat, consider a concrete wall. Bottles, set horizontally, provide intriguing lightplay. My first sculpture teacher intoned, "If you have enough of any one thing, you can make art.

There used to be colored candles that would drip down the sides of the bottles...do this, then you can later use the bottles as unique vases. This of course goes back to the 70's, but I think I've seen these drip candles at unique gift shops.

i have a bunch of bottles as well, and plan on making them into incense bottles. paint them or cover them and then use a dremel to make the holes in the bottam on the bottle

i was told to use the grinding stone type of bit to make the holes, but i have yet to do this so im not sure how well it works..

smash them and make a mosiac

Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas! I like the candle one and the mosaic sounds cool!

melt them?

Of course this might require a crazy-oven, but the results are great. My mom has on old jewlrey-candy dish type thing laying around - it's a bottle, on it's side, melted just enough so that the top part caves in. It's heavy, and lovely, as it's that great green-bottle glass color. I have the feeling it was melted in sand, because the bottom is bumpy, but I have no idea really.

Also, I've been hankering for awhile to do things with glass bottles/jars/glasses and etching cream. I'm curious to see what Coke bottle would look like if you could take off the logo (super solvent?) and with the etching cream, make them entirely matte, or with clear spots. Then they would make lovely vases I think.

Victorita's ideas is a cool one. I've never seen or heard of that. I googled it and came up with this site. I'm not sure how it's done. Probably some further googling could unearth the directions. These wine bottles are bigger than your coke bottles but a neat idea. I'm going to try this.

http://www.savethebottles.com/products/Label.jpg

i found this at hgtv.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads