easy soap-making recipes?

I have a ton of fresh peppermint--and I would love to make up some cooling peppermint soap. I've never ventured into the soap-making realm and was hoping someone had an easy recipe they could offer up?

xoxo-leya

2. # ADS

the peppermint will turn brown in soap, so i probably wouldn't recommend it too much.

How about drying the mint and then making bath tea bags? You could add in oatmeal as well, and it could be a soothing, cooling bath.

If you mix up some melt and pour soup, you could arrange a few dried peppermint leaves on the bottom of the mold and pour mint scented soap on it all.

This could make a great gift for Christmas, especially if you store the bags in a sealed container and keep the soap out of direct sunlight.

thanks for the tips. I will definitely dry the mint out before making soap. brown peppermint leaves in soap doesn't sound all that nice.

the bath tea bags are a great idea too. it's funny, I was just commenting to friends last night at dinner how I don't take as many baths as I used to.
    perhaps, the tea bags will cause me to want to take more...

thanks again!!

one more random thought on the peppermint soap...if you do the glycerin soap, look into some powder that helps things float evenly in soap. When I did the soap, my mint just floated to the top of the bar.

To keep the nice green color, maybe dry the mint in salt or put it in silica? I don't think it would kill the smell, but I probably wouldn't want to ingest it at that point.

Oooh, and how about making minty lemonade? Or make mojitos! Either of those would make you instantly popular this weekend. :-p

i love to freeze mint leaves in ice cubes for iced tea and lemonade and other summery drinks! i know that it isn't soap, but it is a good use of lots of lovely mint!

now we're talking...I love mojitos--they are my favorite summer beverage. when I used to live in San Francisco, I would go to the orbit room for a mojito at least a few times a week. here in North Carolina, I suppose I should just make my own.
    maybe I feel a mojito party a brewin'?

I love that I now have ideas for minty soap, minty tea bags for the bath and minty ice cubes...

thanks again--you guys are lovely.

i feel ignorant - what is a mojito?

Remove Ads

Ads