Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking for online beading sources

My local bead shop closed up, and their 'site' is well, not all that functional. Anyone have good online sources for pretty and unusual glass beads?

AnnS.

2. # ADS

Re: looking for online beading sources

Quote Originally Posted by AnnS
    My local bead shop closed up, and their 'site' is well, not all that functional. Anyone have good online sources for pretty and unusual glass beads?

AnnS.
    Hi, Ann!
    Try these to start with:
    Fire Mountain Beads (www.firemountainbeads.com)
    Blue Moon Beads (www.bluemoonbeads.com)
    About.com's Beadwork section
    Also, HGTV (www.hgtv.com) has a lot of great patterns

I'll add more as I remember them!

also, go to barnes & noble or borders (or your local store if you know they have these) and get any of the beading magazines (or just look through and write down the info in a notebook). they have TONS of websites with many types of beads.

I love fire mountain gems. I've gotten wonderful service from them, and their prices seem very competitive. Their products are also really high quality.

Fire Mountain Gems, no contest. Their customer service and products are wonderful.

I too love Fire Mountain, they are awesome. Definitely check out the bead magazines, they are great sources for finding unique things.

I have also ordered from, and liked www.gspncrystals.com and www.inmcrystal.com.

If it's at all a possibility, head to the Bead and Button show in Milwaukee next year. I went this past weekend, and it was amazing. 330 vendors, all so different, it was like a beaders paradise.

Hey a fellow Michigan Beader!

Was it Bedlam that closed on you? That is the store closest to me too. Bummer, huh? We have quite a few in the Metro Detroit area, fortunately, plus the big Bead Bonanza twice a year put on by the GLBG (link above in glass princesses post) I can help you find more stores if I know where you are at.

Thanks, glass princess for posting a link to *my* site! (the last one on the list-I make porcelain beads) *blush* Do we know each other in the bead world?

Quote Originally Posted by earthenwood
    Thanks, glass princess for posting a link to *my* site! (the last one on the list-I make porcelain beads) *blush* Do we know each other in the bead world?
    Melanie,

You probably won't remember me since we spoke briefly while you were holding a class at Miner's Den during - I think - the early part of summer last year. I asked to see some of your work and you let me go through your case. I purchased some of your large and small fairy face beads and some coordinating melon beads. I use to work for Kathleen Robinson of Kollectibles by Kathleen and left after I found out I was pregnant because I couldn't be around the lampworkers. I use to teach lampworking there and make glass beads (use to - getting back into it) as well. I live in Davisburg now and the only bead shop is Firefly Beads which really only sells kits that the owner makes up for earrings, brooches, ornaments, and lampshades... not my thing. :(

Anyway, back to you. I also post occassionally on WC! So I've seen you around. Hehehe :) I really love your tiles too and hope when we remodel the bathroom upstairs to use some of them.

Take care.

Dawn,
    I have met so many neat beaders from working at the Miners Den. I havent taught or worked there for a couple years now...just had to move on to my own business full time, but I do miss meeting all the beaders.

I don't know where Davisburg is but I hope you'll come back to metro Detroit for the bead show in October.

Thanks for the compliments on my tiles too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads