Thread: Photo Boards

Photo Boards

Hello all! I'm new here and am looking for help in decorating a photo board with ribbon? Has anyone done this and if so, is there a picture of it on here?

Thanks!

2. # ADS

can you explain what a photo board is? maybe i know it by another term...

PHOTO BOARD

i AM THINKING OF a board, maybe a bulletin board that has been covered with paper or fabric, and has ribbons on it to hold pictures on. The ribbons are criss-crossed all over it. I am wanting to do something like that with a 2foot by 3 ft framed collage of pictures and I don't have alot of room for decorations, so I thought all of the ribbone underneath the pictures would look neat-just wanting a pattern of some sort to follow.

thanks!

you will need a pinboard such as cork or even foam core cut to the size you want, and a fabric or paper you like to cover it with (optional if you buy a bulletin board you already like), and ribbon to match. it's simple, just lay the ribbon across in a diamond pattern and use a staple gun to attach on the back edges when you have a arrangement you like- you can do 45 degree angled squares or 30/60 degree diamonds.... the key is to secure the points with upholstery tacks. That's it!
    Best way to make your own pattern is to just lay out the ribbon... start with a center x
    and work outward, that way your ribbons are a bit woven looking too.

Thanks for the help! I can't wait to give it a try.

Colleen

I did that once with a portion of my cubicle wall at a former job. I just wanted an interesting way to stick notes and stuff up there instead of boring push pins.

As soon as I finished, someone came by and said, "You'd better take that down before the CEO comes to visit next week."

I'm not sorry to be out of that job.

Kind of off topic but why would you be fired because you had a creative ribbon board thing?

I made a similar board NOT using ribbons...or cork. I just used what I had an excess of--cool fabric and I pasted together a couple of big cardboard boxes. And to mount them? I used bankers clips and those huge pushpins. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by tastetherainbow
    Kind of off topic but why would you be fired because you had a creative ribbon board thing?
    I don't think I would have been fired, but I was told in no uncertain terms that the big boss (who visited that office maybe once a year) was very much against any kind of decoration of cubicles.

That was a rather stuffy, conservative office, but not the worst place I've worked in terms of things like that. One company that seemed quite funky and hip at first glance had an even stricter policy against any kind of workspace personalization...that place was not what it seemed in many ways.

man, i can NOT imagine that any human being in their right mind could object to ANY decoration on cubicles.
    it's impossible to sit in one of those boxes without SOME kind of way to warm it up, isnt it???

wait...that's a good thread idea.. most creative personalisation of desks at work...

Remove Ads

Ads