Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Be Crafty, Park Slope

There is a great shop in Park Slope called Be Crafty that opened last summer. They have wonderful supplies and also sell local craftster''s work. They hold different workshops and also throw parties for kids and adults. It''s on 4th St at 7th Ave.

2. # ADS

This has been very upsetting to me as well the past 7 years I have lived in Brooklyn. I CANNOT, for the life of me, understand why there are no craft store chains in Brooklyn. It is baffling! And sorry luluvision, unfortunately the Rag Shop is out of business. The whole company. I work in the city and still am not sure where to go for great sewing supplies. There is a place called 'Sew Materialistic' that has yarn and sewing supplies on Coney Island Ave, but for crafts the place I normally go is Lady Jane Craft Center in Ozone Park, Queens. Not easy to get to if you don't have a car, but they really have everything there and the prices are good. Thanks everyone else for all of the new suggestions as well!

craft stores in brooklyn

On Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn...between Kings Highway and Kings Plaza Mall there are two craft stores: SAV A THON is on Flatbush ..off of Avenue U....and MICHELLE''s Crafts...on flatbush Avenue closer to Avenue R...
    The pickings are slim at SAV A THON and Michelle''s has a lot more to offer, but it''s a bit costly...

I don''t know why we are sans major craft stores....I''m sure there are plenty of us out there who enjoy crafts....and who live in Brooklyn...

The RAG SHOP on 60th Street and 12th Avenue is gone.and that was the best we had when it came to crafts......

Handmaiden...when you do get your craft store going...make it a little closer towards the Sheepshead Bay/Marine Park area....if you can....

[quote:62f4f3274a="hooray!"]I found a craft store in Fulton Mall. It''s not terrific, but they have sewing machines and parts, some fabric and vinyl, yarn, baskets, and basic crafty stuff. There was also a fabric shop across the street.

It was on Bridge Street and Fulton Mall, sort of across the street from Macy''s. I also noticed that the 2/3 Hoyt station is there.[/quote:62f4f3274a]

This store actually closed a few months ago. It was a nice store and had amazing closeout sales, I bought soo much stuff lol

The other fabric stores on that street are still around though.

But by fulton mall if you take the a/c or f to jay st. and you exit towards the exit away from willougby towards metrotech across the street from the old transit office there''s a little arts and crafts store. I forgot the name, its not big but they have some useful things. They sell a lot of kid''s kits, paints, paintbrushes, wooden jewelryboxes, they have the big block of sculpey, and some other things, No fabric or too much jewelry making stuff though which sucks.

Also on fulton mall by hoyt (take a/c/g to hoyt-schemerhorn) there''s Cool Cat. Its a jewelry store but towards the back they have beautiful sterling silver charms which can be great for jewelry making.

In Manhattan, if you take the a/c to 34th, I believe its btwn 7th and 6th ave don''t really remember but on 33rd I believe it was there was quite a few fabric stores and they''re closing out this month so its like 50 cents to a $1 for a yard of some great fabrics!

Some dollar stores you an find some nice finds, and CVS''s new dollar section you can find some great stuff too.

Of course there''s also the Michael''s on 51st (r to northern blvd)

I''m always on the lookout ill update if I find anything else, hope I helped! =]

has anyone heard of Craftique in Brooklyn? I''m going to try to check it out for my crafting need. I hope I''m not disappointed again, like the time I went looking for Rag Shop and found a empty store!

This is all very helpful information. Here is my current question: where in Brooklyn can I get upholstery foam or stuffing? I bought a nice old vintage couch and I need to replace the back pillows (which unzip-- very handy.) I figured if I get myself some 4" foam I can easily cut out and replace the crumbly old foam that is currently there.
    Any leads?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads