Need ideas for blueprints!

I work for a construction company and we have many, many, many leftover blueprints for projects we've done. They're not actually blueprints, but copies - so large sheets of paper where the background is white and the lines are black.

Any ideas for doing something crafty with them? We love to recycle here, but I'd rather do something cool. Collage, maybe?

THOUGHTS?

THANKS,
    Kate

2. # ADS

Wallpaper :-)

Like old USGS maps, cut them into envelope and paper sizes for personal stationery.

How about using iron on vinyl to make them into large tablecloths for random usage? I'd probably crazyquilt them in trapezoids and diamonds and odd triangles for that.

And if you ironed on vinyl on both sides, they could be shower curtains, I suppose.

Real blueprints still have so many toxins that I wouldn't use them around food or anywhere you are handling them a whole lot. Yeah, they are handled when they are in use, but I know I never touched my face or eyes or lips until my hands were washed...

Wrapping paper, hand-made envelopes and last minute tabel cloths. I've been brain storming myself as my boyfriend works in construction!

Remove Ads

Ads