Thread: any painters?

any painters?

I was just wondering if any of you guys do any painting/sculpting/etching/etc. and if you'd care to share any pictures of them. I paint a little--just magazine pictures that I like--but I have no digital camera and am currently being too cheap to take Polaroids of them.

2. # ADS

Me! You can see my art at my website. I'm getting ready to submit work for a show, so I'll have more up in the next few weeks.

I also participate in illustration friday. Fun fun!

i do some painting... my website has a gallery that has a lot of my work.. (you can get it from the www link under this post.)

I paint, but not very well. Which is because I can't draw and I'm slightly colorblind. Here's an example. Plus some of my paints were crappy and streaky. =P

Mostly I like decorative painting, like making magnets and painting them, or how last year I spent 2 months painting a bootie load of those little flat wooden shaped Christmas ornaments from Michaels with little snowmen or Santas drawn on them. Basically coloring, but with paint is what I do best ;) lol.

My blood runs burnt sienna! Right now, I'm painting animals on rocks....sounds crazy but looks great.
    I have a few pictures in my album here.
    Hey, kittensrme, you should be taking photos of all your work to build a portfolio! Use it for reference. Use it for inspiration. Use it for inventory!
    When I think back at the oil, watercolor and acrylic paintings I've done over the years---it's kinda foggy cuz I didn't take pictures back then.
    Store the images on your PC, print 'em, post 'em, save 'em on floppy.

I will take pictures... eventually. It just takes me a long time to do anything, but it does get done. I don't really paint for real... just for fun, or if I get a request from a friend. The boyfriend has an original kittensrme portrait of Theodore Roosevelt proudly displayed on his wall.

I paint too, and so does my hubby. We have our stuff on our website and also some on my blog. I always participate in Illustration Friday, too. It's a great way to keep motivated. We're currently working on a group of paintings for a show, so while the paintings on our website are from last year, someday I'll have the new ones up there.

Remove Ads

Ads