Bar--need supply ideas/help

I was watching some design show, and they made a little bar to put in your living room at parties. It was super cool. They used an old bar, but i was thinking a bookshelf would work, put a new top on it, made the front a leather and studs art deco design...very very cool.

ANYHOW, I don't know where I can get the supplies to make this in a cheap way. Bookshelves are like 30-70 bucks just on their own, w/o including the other supplies. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place online that sold discount things like this, or had ideas of what companies would give stuff liek that away. I'm already keeping my eyes on garage sales.

Any other ideas you have to make this more rockin' would help!

2. # ADS

I would definitely haunt the thrift stores, garage sales, Freecycle, etc. for someone taking out an old wet bar from their house.
    Some thrift stores have more household stuff than others... there's one by me that has huge chunks of kitchen counters and sinks and crazy stuff like that. Any parts of an old kitchen could easily be converted, I would think. Good luck!!

Check out www.stuff-o-rama.com for black kitty swizzle sticks, pink elephant martini shakers and plastic mermaids to dangle from your glass. I found tn old metal cart for 1.98 at a thrift store, spry painted it black and decked it out with kitschy bar finds. Love it!

Instead of leather you could use vinyl - I covered an old coffee table with foam then black vinyl over it with some studs - it looked just as cool as real leather...you can also find vinyl in some really cool colours if you go to a big discount fabric store.

A potting bench would work too, if you wanted a more rustic look. The potting tub can be used to fill with ice and stick champagne in and you could make a curtain to hang around the bottom to hide all your suplies.

I don't know what you mean by a potting bench....do know where i could see a picture of one?

BettyThreat~ Try www.pottingbench.com
    They ahve several different styles, but it'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I just saw in a magazine an example of a potting bench used as a cookout center, which gave me the idea that you could use it as a bar too.

Remove Ads

Ads