Vintage Fridge idea

Has anyone seen the movie Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael? Well I have been watching it since I was like 7 (now almost 20) and I have finally gotten my own vintage fridge to make Roxy's storage unit out of an old fridge. I got it for $12.50 at an estate sale and it is adorable. Me and my mom took out the stuff that actually makes it run and cut off all the cords. I will hopefully get to painting it soon..I'm thinking of doing stripes. I think I'm going to use it to store my knitting stuff, although I might need two vintage fridges to hold all my knitting stuff. But its a really cute idea. I recommend it to anyone who has the space and the muscles...they are freakin heavy! Even without the inner workings.

2. # ADS

cool idea, my ex b/f's mom had a vintage ice box (you know the wooden ones lined with lead or some very heavy metal). she used it as a tv stand (i think if i remember correctly). The tv was hidden inside it so at first glance her summer cottage was really old and quaint, but you could open it up and watch tv on the sly :)
    jt

My sister had an old fridge in a studio apt she rented. She used it to store bread and open packages of food. It was the only place ants couldn't invade.

We have an old fridge! We bought it off an old neighbor...That thing still works! (Well, the freezer doesn't, but the main part does) We have it in our guest house (pah, guest house makes us sound rich...in reality, we SO aren't! :P It came with the house, but wasn't part of the price because the foundation and other things aren't up to code...still handy to have it though when the grandparents come visit!)
    In any case, if that thing ever breaks down, I just might have to snag it...Not only that, but someone told me those things are fireproof, and a darned good place to keep your important papers in.

i saw one of those decorating shows and they used the woman's vintage fridge as like a combination bookshelf-craft storage thing-etc. it was really cool! when i move out (way too long from now) i totally want one; my stuff is always all over the place! hers was pink, i'd like one in light blue or maybe even avocado green.

i saw one of those decorating shows and they used the woman's vintage fridge as like a combination bookshelf-craft storage thing-etc. it was really cool! when i move out (way too long from now) i totally want one; my stuff is always all over the place! hers was pink, i'd like one in light blue or maybe even avocado green.

wow, that's awesome!

i wish i had a vintage fridge...

Okay, so now I have a new obsession: a fridge-armoire.

Funny, I was just thinking about Roxy Carmichael the othe day, but for another reason, I don't remember her having a fridge cupboard (I do remember the black carpet her dad gave her).

Remove Ads

Ads