Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

whats in YOUR workshop?

Building a crafting area... I'm still painting walls and visualising a great craft setup. Finally, space won't be a problem! My husband gave me a Craftsman workbench and I have a 6' worktable, too. My wood crafts, rocks, paints, tools, and stuff is scattered all over the house right now. It'll be great to have them organized and ready for me. The basement area is 26' x 22' and I'll be using about half for my shop (the other portion for laundry and storage)
    So, lemme know what's your setup... what works for you?

2. # ADS

OOH! You're so lucky to get a workbench! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to organizing my workshop space. You've given me a great idea for a winter project, though! One thing I definitely want, is a pegboard to hang my tools. They're all stuffed in my toolbox and are a royal pain to get to when I need them.

I am planning out my little space. Unfortunately I don't get a room, since we don't have an extra room. Too bad I didn't think about this before we moved in here. We have a 2 bedroom apt (w/out kids yet) so my husband took over the second room so I would be able to decorate our bedroom w/ what I like. It's too late to fit a little crafting area in here now though, with 17 posters, 1000 action figures, 10 wrestling belts and 14 handmade masks. This room is small too.

So mine's going in our bedroom, which is bigger, and has less stuff in it. I still have to find a white desk that ISN'T a computer desk (or at least something I could easily paint white). I'm going to use that for a sewing desk, but keep my sewing machine in it's case on the floor instead of on the desk so I can do other stuff too.

I'm probably going to have those rubbermaid looking rolling drawers, or maybe basket-type things if they aren't too expensive. And on top of the desk a couple of the little mini drawer storage things. Maybe a shelf over it with more storage boxes. I'm really bad about coordinating things though. Hopefully I can find all the storage in the same type of style so it'll look good. I'll probably end up with a large black plastic storage thing, small baskets on the desk and then colored plastic/wood storage on the shelves ;) But I'm going to try hard!

What I have to store is my sewing machine and sewing supplies, embroidery floss and supplies, beading, paper, and knitting. Not really that much...yet. =) it feels like a lot all stacked in various totes and plastic bags next to the couch though. =(

Right now all my craft supplies are either in the bottom two drawers of my dresser, or in the container on wheels in the corner. It works, fairly attractively, but now I need to find a place for the rubbermaid tote (actually an old tote from Girl Scouts my MIL found for me) because our bedroom/bathroom is like our own lil studio (roomates) and we want a mini fridge.

Eek! You all sound so much more organized than I could ever imagine. I have to admit that I have craft, art and fiber stashes all throughout the house (1100 square feet-- tiny!)

I am really looking forward to seeing (and maybe borrowing) some creative strategies from this thread.

We're remodelling our building - and included in that is my own office/workspace. Right now all of my work/computer/scanner/printer and crafting stuff/sewing machine(s)/yarns/beads are all in the living room. It's driving me nuts and annoys the boyfriend when he comes upstairs and has no place for his laptop on the coffee table. (He works on the first floor of the building). I keep telling him that the sooner we get my office done, the sooner we get our living room back.

In the meantime, I've started moving into an old bedroom untill the office is done. It's kind of gross because the guys that lived there didn't own a vacuum and the walls are boring white, but I don't want to take the time to paint it when the walls and ceiling are probably going to get torn out anyway.... hmmm... although at the rate we're going, that'll be a while so maybe I should just paint it?

So.... I've fallen in love with ::this::
    Which of course is stupid expensive - so I've decided to try my hand at building it. (I've made desks and bookshelves before - but nothing with drawers.)
    I love the idea of having a tall workspace. Like being in art classes again.

Using tool boxes and workbenches is a great idea though. They're made to be functional and durable.

oooooh aaaaaah! smokingmonkey has found a groovy workstation!! Wouldn't it be nice to have that for a crafting area?
    My basement workshop is comin along. I think the trick will be getting the work surfaces in a good position. A place to store supplies, and keep tools handy and I'm good to go!
    I like to watch DIY and craft shows to see how they're set up.

Do you have power tools in your workshop? if so then which ones? Cordless impact wrenches, drills, grinders?

Hello friends! You know, I have never been good at workshops and work with instruments frightened me. However, I read much information here about impact wrench for tires and to be honest. I think it can use it and I will not be hurt. At least, I hope so

I run my own bar and now while we are closed I am redecorating it a little and changing all the old signs to a new ones. I found this interesting link https://adafab.com/ with different signs and I got some from to put it on my walls and doors. I hope I can finish all the fixings during this pandemia time and run it better than before and attract more and more people. What are you doing guys now during this tough times?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads