Thread: doll hair

doll hair

anyone have any experience in re-hairing old(ish) dolls? found my old doll (circa mid-70's) and would like my daughter to have it but i apparently gave it a haircut at one point, and has quite the bald spot. wondering if this is something best left to the professional or what? if so, any of you out there and work for trade or cheap?!? the doll likely has no value other than sentimental so i'm not looking to drop a load of dough on it.

2. # ADS

This page (and this one too from the same site) have excellent comprehensive instructions on how to re-root doll hair. They're specifically for Blythe dolls, whose scalps can be taken off so it's easy to see what you're doing.

This Japanese site has instructions for re-rooting doll hair inside the head, but they're a little less clear.

Edited to add: I've never actually tried doing this myself, only read about it.

Oh I'm so glad you asked about this Sarabell! My favorite doll, also from the 70's, is pretty much a baldie all over. She mostly still has just her bangs! LOL! Poor thing. I don't ever recall giving her a haircut, but I must have at some point! (Ya know...I've had her since was 5 and I'm 40 now, so who knows what the heck I did!!)
    Soooo...thanks Katrin, for providing those websites!!

thanks so much, katrin! i've never really been much of a doll person and the above-mentioned doll was pretty much the only one that i even kind of played with so it's in good shape and has a lot of play left in her. and it is so hard to find non-scary, non-battery-operated dolls. at least for me! thank you thank you! now to decide what color hair......

Remove Ads

Ads