baby shower centerpieces

Anyone have any ideas for inexpensive baby shower centerpieces I can make?? I just have no idea what is cute but different for a baby shower.

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

2. # ADS

I have seen the "Cakes" made out of diapers in newborn sizes, just rolled up and tied with ribbon. It can also serve as your gift, since they are kind of expensive. Even 3 bottles tied together with fun ribbon could be cute. Maybe "Mum" plants for the "Mom" would be a good idea. She can plant them and remember it always.

at my bridal shower my bms did a cute thing that would probably work too...they got little silver flower tins and put "dirt cake" in there (marshmellow goo and oreo cookies basically--tastes like ice cream sandwiches but warm) then stuck a couple fake flowers in there. it looked just like a regular centerpiece, then they took out the flowers for dessert. everyone thought it was really cute...and you could dress up the tins with more "baby" stuff.

I've heard of diaper cakes. You can google for pictures. I found instructions here.

Someone else can probably come up with something more imaginative than that, though!

del

here's a recipe for it if you're interested:
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
    3 1/2 cups milk
    1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
    32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
    Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
    In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
    Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
    Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
    Chill until ready to serve.
    Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!

I just had a cute idea for the dirtcake centerpieces. Go get some of those tiny, little plastic baby toys like these http://www.babybingo.com/games_baby/...tic-babies.gif and glue them into the centers of the fake flowers. Bloomin' babies! My mom and I have used the dirt cake centerpeices for several occasions and they are always a hit!

Thank you

Thank you to everyone for the cute ideas. I am thinking the diaper cake would work. I don't know how many tables there will be but would probably do something a bit smaller than instructions.......I am already making several gifts and I kind of want the centerpieces to be add on gifts.

I love the dirt cake too. I am not in charge of dessert but I will pass it along......at the very least now I have a recipe for it ;)

Thanks again!

I made a diaper cake for my sister. It was pretty easy..all you have to do is roll the diapers together and tape them. Watch your tape, though because some don't stick well enough.

You can also stick little goodies for the baby in the cake. I used toothpicks and attached baby washcloths (rolled up to look like flowers), pacifiers, little comb and brush, etc.

It was pretty easy to do, and everyone liked it.

I used baby bottles and baby food jars as flower vases. Just got the cheap mums from the store and cut them quite short.

I also took a box of wipes and pulled a paper towel or white cloth or something and wrote the mother's name on it. (So the box was open and it looked like a wipe was sticking out. We had a double-shower and I did this for each and placed one on either end of the gift table.)

I also used flowered cloth diapers as tea towels to line baskets or trays of food.

Remove Ads

Ads