HOLLOWEEN: creative costumes

it had to be done..

share your creative costume ideas here; cute costumes for kids, impressive/original costumes for teens or funny costumes for us older kids.

discuss.

P.S. pictures/how-to's would be nice..

2. # ADS

When I was like 11 I was a used-car salesman. Fake mustashe, a hat to hide my hair, an ugly bowtie, a pair of bleach splashed jeans, and a sign board reading "Used Cars CHEAP!! (just how I like my women)".

My mom was so ticked at me cause she bought me the maid's costume I had begged for, and then I come strolling down the stairs as a used-car saleman.

I do NOT reccommend this..

one year i went as a robber (black clothes and blick ski mask) i didn't think it would be such a great idea but me and the friedns i went with thought it would be funny. besides i was going with fairies, and princesses and harry potter characters, so i thought it would be fine.

I won't into detail, but apparently no one in my neighbourhood has a sense of humor. :X!

Well. aside from dressing up my daughter as a Trick or Treat Bag for her first Halloween (see the Trick or Treat Bag thread for details) I once went as a Juice Box.

My big sister and I cut a hed and arm holes in a luggage box, covered it on paper, and decorated it like a juice box. It was uncomfortable, but a fun costume!

The best costume I came up with was the treasure map to my boyfriends pirate. He was in full pirate costume and I dressed all in black and with white electricians tape made a dotted line that went all around my body. And I had the X marking the spot right over my ... treasure box.

Although it should be noted that the tape left sticky marks all over my clothes when I took it off. So use old clothes.

I can't recall ever coming up w/ anything terribly clever. But when my sister was in college, she and a friend dressed up as "Assault and Battery"....a salt shaker and a battery. Har-har!

It wasn't for halloween, but once my mum made me a cornish pasty costume! It was amazing! A few pillows tied 'round me and brown paper over the top, with the crust drawn on with a big marker pen...a similar thing could be done to make a cake costume.

This wasn't a halloween costume either, it was for a fancy dress whose theme was 'things that go bump in the night'. I knew there would be all manner of ghosts and things, so I wanted something original. I ended up going as a hot-water bottle (in a furry cover). I used fake fur to make a large rounded rectangle which had arm and head holes and was open at the bottom, and a furry hat which was kind of like a triangle but with the point cut off (like the top where you put the water in). I wore a black high-neck sweater, black opaque tights and shorts that couldn't be seen under the 'bottle'. It was very snug because I lined it with some thick iron-on interfacing to make it stand out.

At the same party there was a stick of dynamite and the man in the iron mask.

Also at an Asterix party I went to, I knew everyone would cop out and go as Romans and wear togas (too easy), so I went as the map from the front page. Just painted it on some card and tied it round my neck and back. Also tried to dress kind of 'Gaulish'. I wore a checked shirt, a cape and put my hair in pigtails.

When I was pregnant I dressed as "Middle-Aged Elvis." :)

Remove Ads

Ads