Wedding Invitations

Please help! I really would like to make my own wedding invitations, but am hitting a creativity wall - maybe it's the pressure ;o)
    Can anyone suggest a good website that could stimultate some ideas?

Thanks!!

2. # ADS

I got a cool one once that was accordian folded. On one side they alternated pictures (starting w/baby pix and going thru their dating stages) and couple trivia (favorite songs, funny stories, pet names). The other side had all the pertinent event info maps and directions.
    All I can say is whatever you do - please do not put loose confetti in the invitation. Most of that stuff is dangerous for cats, and wouldn't you know they go straight for it. Also the bachelor/bachelorette friends with out vaccums won't be thrilled.

Think of the theme of your wedding first. Traditional, Civil, Rock and Roll? Go from there. I had a graphic artist gal pal of mine design my first wedding invites in the theme of "James Bond". Super cute. Cross bows centering in on a heart that kept getting closer. Then at the back page of the invite, it said "This Invitation Will Self Destruct in 10 seconds..."

For my next invites we haven't decided yet....
    Food for thought...

Also what kind of wedding is it? Formal? Casual? I'm a big fan of looking for inspiration from unusual sources. So maybe instead of looking at other invitations, why not look at broader ideas, like from art or science. Or maybe there is something in your own lives that could be the inspiration.

Eyelets are awesome on invitations. six silver eyelets, 3 on each side, and lace it up with ribbon for an AWESOME effect.

This is an inspiring place to go:

paper-source.com

My friend who got married last summer used handmade paper and a piece of velum and red string (their wedding colors were yellow and red).

The invitation information bit was printed on the velum and two holes were punched at the top of the velum and the top of the handmade paper, the red string was threaded through and tied on the front.

The first pat of the invitation said: "Beverly and Alon are tying the knot!"

She had her brides maids and some friends over and had an invitation assembly luncheon.

I love the idea of creating the invitations based on the theme of the wedding. My best friend got married in a beautiful park, so they made the invitations out of large "slices" (not sure what else to call them) of wood, about 5 inches in diameter. They attatched a bow made out of a paper ribbon (I forget what that's called) and wrote the information with a bronze colored calligraphy pen. So pretty and elegant, yet inexpensive and unique!

I'm making invitations right now for a friends wedding. She's having a hawaiian theme. Anyone have any ideas?

Remove Ads

Ads