Thread: photo quilts?

photo quilts?

i have an idea, and im not sure how it would hold up, so i'd like to get some opinions....anyone ever see the movie "stepmom"? well at the end she has a quilt with pictures of her and her children on it. i'd like to do somtehing similar with pictures of me and my fiancee in black &white with a black and white and grey themed quilt. do u think dark t-shirt transfers for the pictures would hold up through long term use? or so i just scratch the picture idea and use a few patterned sections? any help/opinions are appreciated!!!

2. # ADS

There's a product called bubble jet set that you treat cotton fabric with, then you iron the fabric onto freezer paper and them print on it with a bubblejet printer and it is them washable. It doesn't leave a plasticky film or anything as the solution is basically a primer for fabric which makes it hold and fix the dye.

While I believe that any sort of photo transfer for fabric would hold up, I don't think it has a lifetime guarantee like the fabric itself would. If this quilt is something which you might bring out for special occasions or is kept in clean/semi-unused condition to pass down to your kids, then I think the phototransfer would work.

Yet, on the other hand if this is a quilt that you plan on using on your bed or as a throw on your sofa, then I would just suggest dropping the photo transfer idea...I don't now how long that would stand up to constant abuse/washing/etc.

Just my opinion.

thanks for the ideas! how much does the bubblejet stuff run?

I make stuff like this all the time. In the sewing dept buy some fabric paper. It is fabric that is affixed to paper so you can ffed it through yoru printer.

Make sure to print on the highest resolution, best quality. And after it prints out just peel off the paper and you are left with your photo on the fabric sheet!

Each pack comes with three sheets and is about 6.00.

Remove Ads

Ads