pasties anyone??

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here knows how to go about making pasties, (tassled nipple coverings that burlesque dancers and tacky 60's strippers use?)

2. # ADS

Check out this link: http://www.pdxsupercrafty.com/home.html

The book Super Crafty has all kinds of fun ideas - and A LOT of pasties!

Angie, you can also make a "supportive pasty" type thing by buying an underwire in a WW shape if you can find one, or just making your own (cover it in thick ribbon, in a shade close to your skin tone, wrapped around diagonally). You put a pasty-like cover on the nipple area, made out of sequins or whatever you want, and use silicone cord (sites/shops where you buy jewelry supplies have them) for the back and the shoulder straps.

This is what the women wear for nipple coverage + anti-bouncing support during Carnaval in Brazil.

Thanks alot! I plan on picking up the Supercrafty book next weekand. About the supportitive pasties, do you make those large enough to cover the entire breast or just the nipple?

Just the nipple. You have the W, and then you put a round cover on the top of the ^ that goes over the nipple.

www.twirlygirl.net has beautiful tassles. on her site she has a bit of info explaing why they are superior. i have a few pairs; she's not bragging, she's right. they are gorgeous, comfortable, and great quality.

i do know some basics of her construction though (shhhh). the base, or frame, is lightweight cardboard (though not TP tube lightweight). it's first lined with something a bit stiff such as netting, which is the covered with something soft and a bit cushiony so your nipples don't get nasty treatment but the fabric shoudn't have much bulk. fold the edges of the fabric up over the edge outside the cone, trim it as much as possible first. with the inside fabric you may need to do the same with the seam so you're breasts get the same consideration as your nips!

of couse the fun part is decorating the outside. you can use any fabric and glitter, sequins- anything that strikes your fancy! trim: silky braid, substantial ribbon... is essential around the bottom edge of the the cone. another very important thing is to use really good glue.

i nearly forgot an essential (not to mention fun!) ingredient- the tassel! before lining, insert the tassel through the (tiny) opening at the apex of the cone and then knot it. try to make the knot sturdy, yet as small as you can.

you may also want to check out her info about sizing if you're not sure how big they shoud be- or maybe you just know how big you want them.

i hope the length and the typos haven't driven you mad. i haven't been to bed; and i'm trying not to think about the fact that my dad's about to die so i'm keeping busy. i've been absorbed in thoughts of pasties, this post has kept me busy for more than an hour with hundreds of revisions. so thanks for posting your query and keeping me occupied! i hope you'll find something useful here. have fun!!

angiepangie~
    This is probably the most "unusual" craft request I've ever seen. I hope you'll post a tutorial for us when you'
    re doen with this project. I'd love to see how you made out. Of course, you don't have to post pics of you actually modeling them! LOL!! Have fun! And I hope the lucky person who gets to see you in these greatly appreciates the effort you went to in making them!! ;)

Remove Ads

Ads