Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Yarn

Sick of Yarn

I am sick and tired of knitting and crochet. Its awful, but true. The holiday season has kicked my a$$ and it's not over. Some very special people need birthday presents soon and i'm very reluctantly planning out the items i will make.
    But i don't wanna.
    What is your stand-by craft? What do YOU do when you've knit yourself into oblivion?
    -Jera

2. # ADS

I sew. In fact, sewing three pairs of pretty complicated sets of flannel pajamas put me in a craft rut so I've turned to crochet.

I also have a three year old. If I feel burned out crafting things with purpose and accuracy, I break out the crayons, glue, feathers and stuff to make something silly and throw-away.

decoupage. i'll mod podge the heck out of a gift box and put a little something inside. or i'll make some little paper mache thingie and paint it.

embroidery. It's the most relaxing craft....oh, that an decoupage...there's nothing better than playing with glue.

Sick of knitting? What? I've heard of people suffering from this mysterious malady, but have never been afflicted myself. I hope it isn't catching!

I usually get burned out after a big or complicated sewing project.
    I give myself a break by working on x-sticth, painting an item, matting/framing a picture, clothing repairs, or simply planning out another cool sewing project.

i don't get burned out on knitting, but it kills my wrists, so i have to take breaks and do other stuff for a while. usually i embroider or draw.

Jewelry making. Earrings! It's a little spendy to start though.

I get burned out on everything. I just let it all rotate. Luckily I got everyone's knitted Christmas gifts done before the burnout got really bad. I'm getting a little burnt out on cross stitch right now too...it had gotten to the point where I'd be at work and couldn't wait to get home. Hmm. Wonder what my backup's going to be - I never know what it is until i feel like doing something. I still haven't worked through the knitting burn out, so it won't be that. :)

I glue pictures out of magazines on to various objects & then tape them down with packing tape when I'm just not in the mood for knitting or sewing.
    1. Grab an empty coffee or baby formula can.
    2. cover the top inner & outer rim at the top with packing tape or good old scotch tape
    3. Grab any magazine, start ripping words, phrases to describe your mood & pictures to go along with them.
    4. Grab your glue stick and glue the backs of the mag rips and collage them on the can.
    5. tape the whole thing, edge to edge over the glued on mag rips.
    Voila! Not to mention the opening on top is now cut resistant.
    I've had my daughter draw pictures, cut them out and glued them onto the can to make her a crayon holder.
    She loves helping mommy rip up mags and cutting off pieces of tape for me.
    have fun and I hope you aren't burned out on knitting too long. I'm on a knitting binge lately!
    (no christmas pressure I guess)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads