Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

wedding gift ideas

one of my best friends is getting married and in addition to the china i buy her i would love to craft something up for her.
    any good ideas?
    former brides-anything you really liked getting or something someone did for you?
    thanks for the inspiration
    sara

2. # ADS

I got some candles and candlesticks that were really nice. They weren't hand made, but it went with my china nicely.

How about napkin rings or place mats?

I did a photographic sign in book for a friend, and she loved it. I used a polaroid camera and got everyone to sign their picture page.

You could also make some nice set of cloth napkins with either embroidery, appliques, trim or bias tape around the edge. I've often revamped old lamps with cloth shades I get pretty bizzare in the types of things I do: brocade, white faux fur, animal print, ect. I guess it depends on how unusual your friend's taste is on how unusual you would make things.

Tomico

I've never been married, so I don't know what I would really like recieving, but these are some ideas I have thought about stealing as a gift giver:

If she doesn't already have a garter, I don't think they are too tough to make.

My sister ended up having two - one that my grandmother made to keep and one to toss (or in her case, wrap around a champagne bottle and hand to the next couple to be married since she wasn't a fan of that tradition)

Painted or otherwise embellished toasting flutes?

altered photo album for their wedding pics?

pillow for the ring bearer or other accessory for the ceremony?

felt circles to separate her china plates when she stores them? my mom has a bunch of these and they are great for protecting the plates once you lose the cardboard from the shipping boxes. not very crafty, just circles - but super handy.

you could knit them a pair of couples mittens (where one basically a tube allowing them to hold hands) - this may be the only time in her life when she is nauseatingly in love enough to appreciate such a thing.

a shadowbox or other fancy frame for their invitation?

I have been in three wedding parties in recent years and the brides are always recruiting people to help with centre pieces for the tables, decorations for the reception, creating the "take home" favors (most don't go for the monogramed matchbooks anymore). There are all kinds of ways you can flex your crafty muscles to help out brides! One of my sister's best friends made her veil for her. The woman is great at sewing and couldn't believe the bridal shop was charging like $150 for a veil. So she made my sister's veil as her wedding gift.

Its really nice and unique . as the gift of candles is really very good . there are lots of beautiful unique
    and different shape of candles are available in the market . you can buy and pack them in beautiful
    way and present to your loved ones

A wedding gift should be selected very carefully. Always Keep in mind the couples likes and dislikes and try to consider their tastes. If you are looking for a personalized wedding gift then you will be spoilt for choice. These days you can buy the wedding gifts anything from clothing to household items.

Yeah samson is right now days we have lots of gifts variety from clothes to household goods.

You can present them weeding dipped strawberries. Even though this is a small gift we just thought they were amazing. Especially for those brides and grooms out there who like strawberries. These strawberries are basically dripped in white chocolate to represent the bride and chocolate to represent the groom.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads