Thread: Zombie enough?

Zombie enough?

http://photobucket.com/albums/e382/Z...ombie%20Dance/
    Can you tell this is a zombie? I know the stitches on my face are kind of sloppy, I'm planning on drawing them a titch bit neater.
    Also, I'm thinking of doing a zombie robot ballerina? It's less complicated than it sounds. Basically, we'd be throwing in silver shoes and a metallic tutu. I'm trying to figure out how to attach a key to my back (so someone can wind me up to dance and eat brains?) Any ideas?

2. # ADS

I would probably whiten up your face a bit more, and "flesh out" your coloring to look more undead. Are you going for a ghoulish look, or a temptress of the undead? Right now, you look more temptress to me (which is a compliment, since you're very pretty in my humble opinion).

To do the key...maybe make a cardbord cutout of the key, or paper mache, and then apply it to you with spirit glue? Or take a strong fabric glue and attach it to your costume? It wouldn't turn though.

Look up Halloween costumes on Craftster...lots of zombie lovers there.

What's the costume for...I love dress up all year!

Well, since some of my favorite movies are Dawn of the Dead, Dead Alive, and Sean of the Dead, I suppose I better reply!

You're looking (for my tastes) way too pretty and healthy skin tonish to be a zombie. I would go more white - but add in a bit of green. If you've got some dark purple cream, add some under the old eyes, and in the recessed areas of your face to give you that hollowed out look. If you can get a hold of some liquid latex, you can stretch the skin and apply some, then release the skin and it will wrinkle up to give that "peeling skin" look that is all the rage for zombies! :-) (Caveat - don't do this where you've got a lot of little hairs on the skin - find the most hairless place you can - otherwise removal rather hurts!)

edited to add: oh yeah! And if you want that "been feasting on living flesh" thing going on, you can make fake blood to smear around your mouth out of corn syrup and food coloring.

I was a zombie for Halloween, other than the previous suggestions, the other thing I did was to add some grayish purple, lightly, to my face in that dead skin look - not bruises, and not just in the recessed areas. It helped a ton to watch old horror movies like Dawn of the Dead, etc.

Definitely have a whiter face though, that was the one thing I did wrong because I didn't have time to get whiter makeup.

As far as the key turning, if you have a tube, like a poster mailer or an empty paper towel hole (not sure how big you want it to be)....hopefully I can describe this right.

You put a short part of the tube attached to your back/clothes, then put a smaller cylinder (can, or whatever you can find) glued to the inside of the short tube but sticking out. Put a longer tube on that but not completely attached so it can spin around.

That may not be the best way or the best things to use, but hopefully you can find some stuff to make it work.

Then just make the end of the key out of cardboard, maybe you could find something to make the attachment of the end to the tube more smooth, but I can't think of anything.

Then spray paint the whole thing gold or silver.

you look like a recently dead robot ballerina, i'd say.

zombies are rotten and falling apart, much of the time. i'd tend to go with a yellow or yellowish green face, maybe with some patches of black rot. make the lips black, crack open some fake blood to drool, and you'd have it down.

Hm. Yeah, I didn't have time to get the white pancake makeup, and I would've killed (harhar) for some yellow and purple. I ended up putting a lot more purple in the hollows of my cheeks and under my eyes. (I was using this little eyeshadow kit that I got a few years ago... So now my purple and green are ruined.)
    My boyfriend's make-up came out pretty good.
    I ended up taking a cable splitter (or some other little electronic device), sewing it on a ribbon, and tying it around my neck, so it looked like I had a little control box on the back of my neck. I had a wire bracelet and a number stamped on my wrist, too.
    Unfortunately, I got drunk as shit and forgot to pull out my camera for pictographs.
    But I'm planning on attempting a zombie prom sometime in the future, so these make-up tips will serve me well. Thank you sooo much!

also, food coloring mixed to look deep brown or black and squirted in your mouth is a great touch. specially if it's all drippy and oozy.

don't try to put food coloring in your eyes tho. it doesn't sting, but it doesn't stay either

darken around your eyes more too, give them a sunken in look

Remove Ads

Ads