Thread: Braided rugs

Braided rugs

I've been trying to make braided rugs recently. My first attempt was with a section of sisal rope that I'm using as a outside foot mat. It looks a little crappy because it was my learning piece, but since it's just for wiping your feet outside, who cares?

Right now, I'm working on a much larger rug. I've cut some worn sheets and some fabric I already had into long strips and braided about a 2.5' diameter circle. It's looking good, but I think I may be attaching the braid together wrong. Basically, the braid is together top next to bottom instead of side to side. I think it would go quicker if it were side-by-side, but top to bottom is thicker. I'll scan in a portion sometime soon to show what I mean.

Any other rug braiders have any advice or just want to show their stuff?

2. # ADS

Hello you can check this tutorial for making the braided rug. shannonmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/braided-rug-tutorial.html check it out it will help u..

Quote Originally Posted by creativecat View Post
    I've been trying to make braided rugs recently. My first attempt was with a section of sisal rope that I'm using as a outside foot mat. It looks a little crappy because it was my learning piece, but since it's just for wiping your feet outside, who cares?

Right now, I'm working on a much larger rug. I've cut some worn sheets and some fabric I already had into long strips and braided about a 2.5' diameter circle. It's looking good, but I think I may be attaching the braid together wrong. Basically, the braid is together top next to bottom instead of side to side. I think it would go quicker if it were side-by-side, but top to bottom is thicker. I'll scan in a portion sometime soon to show what I mean.

Any other rug braiders have any advice or just want to show their stuff?
    Hey, go ahead. Braided rugs are very personified version of rugs as they represent the traditional rugs.
    these are made from New zealand wool also and even polypropylene is used to make them stronger.
    I have found this article about braided rugs interesting

Remove Ads

Ads