What should I make with this??

I have at least 5 yards of white cotton eyelet fabric that a friend gave me from an auction box lot that she bought a few years back. (I haven't measured it yet, but it's still on the bolt.) Obviously, I could make myself a pretty summery dress with this, but I was just thinking that it would be fun to make cute summer tops for all of my close friends (and me!).
    Any suggestions for a pattern that is universally flattering? Or should I have them pick out a simple style that they each like? Preferably a sleeveless style. There are so many cute sleeveless top patterns out there.
    I may just decide to have them all give me their measurements and make tops according to their individual personalities and body types. HMMMMM......

Of course at the rate I've been working lately, they might not get these until next summer. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS

Can I have one?!

Quote Originally Posted by cackalackie
    Can I have one?!
    *grin* Hell, I'll let you know if I have any fabric left!! LOL!
    It's funny, I was just looking at the fabric the other day and it just screamed "SUMMER" to me. Cotton eyelet is just one of those nice cool fabrics that begs to be made into something to let the breeze blow thru, don't you think?

I surfed the big pattern companies last night to get some ideas for patterns, and looked thru my own pattern stash. If I can get measurements from all the girls, I'll be able to have the tops ready for them by our annual memorial day cookout!

And I measured the fabric last night. I actually have 11 yards!! Let's see.....me plus 6 girlfriends at 1-1 3/8 yds each, plus cackalackie has 1st dibs *smile*. (Seriously!) I'm psyched! this is going to be fun!

You are so sweet.

Ohmigosh, here comes the dissenting voice: The value of 11 yards of fabric lies partly in the fact that it's all in one big piece. Make a curtain. It'll look like a million bucks. Then make the blouses for your friends out of all different fabrics.

I'd make curtains if I needed them....but I don't! There's 3 sections of 1 2/3 yds lopped off the end of the bolt. Whoever had the fabric before me had something in mind for it, but must have given up the idea!

Remove Ads

Ads