I have tons of fabric!

Hey all, I'm new here. :)
    I was wondering if you crafty ladies had any ideas for polarfleece fabric. I went to the fabric store and bought 2 1/2 yards each of Harry Potter fleece and light green fleece with sushi (it's absolutely too cute for words---once I get batteries for my camera, I'll post pictures.) I might make a car blanket out of one, but what to do with the other?
    I was thinking of making blankets, but I don't like the fringe-tie thing---for some reason, that always rubbed me the wrong way. I could make pillows, but is there any other way for this fabulous fleece to be put to use?
    Also: I got a He-Man sheet from the local thrift store. I was thinking about cutting around the characters and sewing them to a hoodie or a big bag. I'm more than willing to send out characters or a big swatch, if anyone's interested. (Any ideas on using said sheet would be appreciated. Currently, my dog has decided it is a suitable resting place, and has his little tum all stretched out over He-Man and She-Ra.)
    I ALSO found 3 placemats that I'm planning on stitching together to make a table runner.. They're pink and yellow and have butterflies on them.
    Sorry if I'm too verbose, I'm just really excited for projects. I only work 3 days a week, so it's nice to have something to pass the time with. :)

2. # ADS

you can make scarves out of the fleece. and you don't have to do the fringe for blankets... what about a cute stuffed creature?

just making a bag itself out of the he-man sheet would be cool.

sorry i don't have any supercreative ideas - it's late.

With the Harry Potter fleece, I'd try sew a wizards-hat-style toque out of it. Polar fleece makes great winter hats (and is also great to line a knitted cap with, so the yarn doesn't itch). So the HP pattern would lend itself to a wizard's hat! It would take some practice to get the brim right, though, or you could look for a pattern.

Jackets,ponchos and mufflers as well as mittens are super easy to make too.Or stuffed animals even.Sounds like VERY cute fabric.

Car blanket = equally cute snoozer pillow. I learned this trick from my future MIL. Get an inexpensive pillow from KMart or Target. Cut in half. Sew up both loose sides. Cover with fleece or sheet or curtian reminant. Excellent for when you make the SO drive the car for 5 hours and you can nap!

as someone already suggested, making mittens would be nice.
    If you had enough fleece, maybe some mittens along with a matching hat and scarf?

I have a really great pattern for a baby sack... (also known as a bunting) - it is basially a dress that is sewn along the bottom and zips down...
    but it has arms too, with little flap mittens...

interested and I can post...

I have made dozens and dozens of hats out of fleece. It's really easy to sew with because the edges don't ravel, so you don't have to zigzag. There are tons of patterns from the big three, when patterns are 99c at JoAnn go pick up a bunch.

Remove Ads

Ads