need a crafty gift for boyfriend's b-day!!!! Please help

My boyfriend is turning 25 and I want to make him something so very fabulous! Crafty ideas would be so helpful!!!

2. # ADS

I don't know if this if fabulous, but for my bf's birthday I'm stenciling a shirt for him. I bought the shirt on sale at banana republic and I made a stencil of a wooly mammoth (he likes dinosaurs and the like) and I'm going to spray paint it onto the shirt.

Good luck on your crafty project!!! :)

I once made a shirt for my bf and he never wore it..! That's only because he's a very picky dresser (and I'm a bad crafter). Although I thought he'd choose love over fashion, I obviously thought wrong..

None-wearable ideas are..

If you have time, maybe a small pillow with a cross stitched image of you both..? Use a vacation photo that mean something to both of you and scan it. If you have Photoshop you can futz with the filters and get a posterized look. Place a grid over the image and you have a (albeit rough) pattern to work from. Or, instead of complicated cross stitching, perhaps simple embroidery..?

Another idea is a rag doll of yourself. A very good friend of mine keeps a doll of his female best friend (which she made as a gbye gift) on his bed. He totally loves it. But I think it only works if you allow it to look 'stereotypically' of you, meaning maybe exagerrate some features he loves about you (hair, eyes, boobs(!), etc..).

Hope this helps a bit.

Another option...my boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile and soon he'll be graduating and getting a job, but I'll still be in school. So for a "going away" present, I'm doing this. His favorite shirt of mine was "ruined" in the wash (bleach spots on the collar), so I'm going to turn it into a pillow, embroider "Julie + Jake" on it, and spray it with a little of my perfume. This is so super easy...making a pillow is like, 7th grade home ec :-P and the stitching is also very straightforward :) hope that helps!

juilel85 - That's such a cool and thoughtful gift idea..!

Birthday gifts can make the day of someone with whom you are in love. With the advancement of technology you can send birthday gifts online.
    Indiangiftguru.com

I'm assuming money is an issue. Why not create a "coupon" book for special treats that will mean something to him? You can slip it in a funky card you made for him. I made yesterday for my blog. I haven't posted it yet, but you'll be able to see it on my blog in a few days. I can't post a picture here because I don't have permission yet.

Make a black card base. Take about 5 different patterns of paper,trimmed about 1/4 to 1/2 smaller than the front of your card, and keeping them together cut them into random shapes. Then reassemble the pieces, mixing and matching the patterns. You can glue them to the front of your black card with some space left between the patterns.

Now for the fun part... start doodling all over the card with markers/pens. Outline the designs, add polka dots, and create your own fun patterns... a totally unique card.

Have fun!

It's really great seeing people giving hand crafted gifts to someone special to them. Most of the time I'm so lazy, so I just bought customized gifts. Though, I'm not the one who personally made them but I still contributed my own ideas. There's still personal touch to it. I usually order customized gifts from Revo Design Solutions (revodesignsolutions.com / HP: 91886235 or 81384160). I usually go with custom mugs and t-shirts. haha Loving it!
    Last edited by elitemind01; 02-21-2013 at 08:20 PM.

How about knitting a scarf for him? I

How about knitting a scarf for him? It's very popular to knit scarf for boyfriend in my culture. Or you can cook a dinner for him and give him a big surprise.

Remove Ads

Ads