Big stupid cardboard roll-y things...

Howdy all!

This is my first post and like a drowning man clutching for a branch I shall clutch your sleeves and screech, "Help!"

I encountered the single greatest find in the history of the 'verse: free roadside toilet paper. Obviously the curb-setter-outers worked/had access to industrial sized rolls that are frequently removed and replaced by new shiny rolls, leaving quite substantial ends. Neatest part, each roll was on a really wide (about 4 1/2 inches across), and very thick cardboard center (a good three millimeters or more) but the same length as a regular roll. The result is a very small, sturdy drum shaped cylinder. As each roll was, er, depleted, I kept it and now they are stacked up like some kind of bizarre firewood.

I have had ideas from the mundane (pencil holders) to the esoteric ("spirit" drums, as they are impractical for the real things and I have no dead critters about with which to make drumskins-but would be neat to make shrine-like interpretations). Any other ideas? Anything at all. I am at a loss.

Sorry about the long-ass post. Welcome to the wordy world of me. :)

Jess

2. # ADS

welcome from a fellow wordy gal! unfortunately, other than the pencil cup idea, i'm at a loss myself, having saved them whenever i'd change them back in the days when i worked at a place where that was my duty. thankfully i didn't have a stockpile but if i tried hard enough, i'd surely find a couple few around!

....perhaps some sort of clustered cubby system?

you could fill them with parafin wax and sawdust/rolled up cardboard and make fire starters. You could decorate the outside with tissue paper to look like the christmas crackers.

you could also glue a bottom to them, then do some sort of fabric/paper wrap and use it as a box for a present.

depending on how sturdy they are, you could drill holes in the tube and crochet through the holes and make....something....

spray paint them and make a fake dangly wall out of them (strung together)

oh yeah,i was gonna say what pinguino did. or, find some way to glue them together and stack them and make a divider...like the old fashion 3 piece ones? OR, (this was my idea that i put into action for normal empty tp rolls) you could *slice* them like, salami and make a beaded curtain. and glitter them up or something. did that make sense? i think it would look really freaking cool. and since they're thick, they'd probably saw ok or something. unlike regular rolls which, don't really handle being cut apart so well. lol.

If you have a really big pile of them, why not make a piece of furniture? They sound really sturdy, and I have seen something like that... somewhere.

Remove Ads

Ads