Thread: Mens Boxers

Mens Boxers

Hey everybody, I'm new here...
    I've been searching for a pattern for mens boxers with no luck. I'm looking to make the kind that has the back seems along the sides rather then in the center like shorts.
    If all else fails I will just "borrow" a pair from my boyfriend and make my own patteren, but since I've never done that, I'm a little scared to do that.
    If anyone could help me out, either with suggestions or with link it would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS

I'm not quite sure what you mean. All the boxer I've seen have the seam running down the butt. I don't think it's possible to not have a seam on the butt and have the boxers fit properly. If you just cut out a boxer shaped piece of fabric, it'd probably be really tight over the butt or ride up in the crotch. You wouldn't be able to get enough crotch depth unless you put in a gusset of some sort, which would lead to seams in the crotch and partway up the butt.

If you can only find 2 piece boxer patterns where each leg is one piece of fabric, you could cut the pattern apart and add seam allowances for each new section you create. That could give you side seams on the legs.

Your talking about the seams that run diagonally across each (butt cheek)side right?
    Butterick actually has a pattern on a Family Pajamas Pattern.

I guess the side seems sorta run diagonally across the butt. They are the typical boxers that you can buy at walmart in a 4 pack. they have the opening in the front and then the back seems which connect in the crotch area to connect the pieces together. I think that just cutting the pieces a bit and added allowance for the seems might work. ill try it and see how it works. Thank you all for your tips.

Sinbad, I think I know what you're talking about. I have no pattern help for you, but I can picture the kind of boxers that have the seams running mid-cheek in the back. If you hold up the shorts, the legs are visably separated, unlike regular boxers.

Is this what you mean? Maybe you can get the style you want by shopping for the boxer briefs, they're kind of like that.

good luck

well im just tring to make some... my boyfriend has put in a request for some underwear. he saw some fabric he liked and wanted a pair. once i get something figured out ill post a pic and show you all..

once again thank you for all your help

Remove Ads

Ads