+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lenticular paper?

hi, does anyone know where to buy lenticular paper? i'm making a poster for my brother and i NEED this... thanks!

2. # ADS

can you describe it? it sounds like it's made of lentils, but i know that can't be right.

i had to google lenticular paper and i still don't quite understand it.

i know what you are talking about, but i have never seen it for sale, at least not retail. could you maybe buy something that includes lenticular paper and peel off the backing?

lenticular "paper"

the information I read seems to indicate that there's no such animal as lenticular paper. A lenticular is itself an image created by plastic lenses applied over an image printed on paper. The lenses are created in such a way as to limit what your eyes can see at any given angle. In other words, it's one of those pictures that you have to tilt side to side in order to see the image change. Apparently what your brother needs is the plastic lens that overlays a picture and not the paper itself. Even with checking Froogle, there seems to be no source for a consumer to purchase the needed materials. Don't ya just love teachers who assign projects like this??

Good luck
    Iggysmom

hi,
    let me clarify: yes, the lenticular paper i am referring to would be the clear, ridged film that goes on top of the altered image. the images are easy to reproduce, so all i would need would be the plastic thing on top. i did my google searches as well before i got here. i was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone knew where i could purchase it retail...
    ah well. thanks anyway!

staples? or an office supply store? sometimes they have random stuff. or maby michaels or a craft store...? if i was your brother, i'd ask the teacher where to find it. surely, they'd know, since they know about it in the first place. lol...

or actually, maby ebay or some place weird like that would have it. ebay has almost everything...

oooooooooor, a copy store? or something? or a photo store? or art supply store?

Hi Sushichickie...I did some further digging on Google, and have come up with several sources for lenticular lenses. Let me just say "WOW", are they ever expensive!!! The cheapest set I found was about $70, and the highest was for a kit that ran $2000. If you're interested, email me at ayrlass44@comcast.net and I'll send you the links.

I also ran across some sites that explain the entire process, including some that have software necessary for creating the multiple images required.

Regards,
    Iggysmom

Ads