Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Odd fabric craft received as gift

Hello, I'm new here and I don't know if this is the right forum or not...but we received an interesting fabric creation from a neighbor of my mother-in-law and we're not exactly sure what it is!! Its a square made of fabric, maybe 18" on a side, with a loop on one corner. Any ideas? It doesn't seem to be a towel, the material isn't "thirsty". I can take a picture if that helps any.

2. # ADS

Post a picture...
    I am curios...

is it a big hot pad/potholder sort of thing, maybe?

Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that it was meant to be a dishtowel, considering the loop at the corner. Perhaps she just didn't realize that the material isn't ideal for absorbing water?

Reading your thread reminded me of all the home-made gifts my big sis and I would get from our grandma. Mostly her knitted or sewn stuff had an obvious purpose, although maybe not necessarily in a color that suited us. Occasionally, there was a mystery item. One year she made us little drawstring velvet bags, about 4X6 inches, fully lined. We were a little puzzled at first, as we were both in our early teens. But she had meant them to be little handbags.....maybe thinking they'd come in handy to go to our school dances or something??? A small bag for a few essentials. I don't know what my sister did with hers, but mine later became a bag to keep my diaphragm/supplies hidden in my dresser!!! Hmmmmm!! Probably NOT what grandma had in mind!! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewlittletime
    Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that it was meant to be a dishtowel, considering the loop at the corner. Perhaps she just didn't realize that the material isn't ideal for absorbing water?

Reading your thread reminded me of all the home-made gifts my big sis and I would get from our grandma. Mostly her knitted or sewn stuff had an obvious purpose, although maybe not necessarily in a color that suited us. Occasionally, there was a mystery item. One year she made us little drawstring velvet bags, about 4X6 inches, fully lined. We were a little puzzled at first, as we were both in our early teens. But she had meant them to be little handbags.....maybe thinking they'd come in handy to go to our school dances or something??? A small bag for a few essentials. I don't know what my sister did with hers, but mine later became a bag to keep my diaphragm/supplies hidden in my dresser!!! Hmmmmm!! Probably NOT what grandma had in mind!! LMAO!
    Don't worry I would have used it for my vibrators. ;p

I hope to have a picture up later today. I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones with this kind of problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewlittletime
    A small bag for a few essentials. I don't know what my sister did with hers, but mine later became a bag to keep my diaphragm/supplies hidden in my dresser!!! Hmmmmm!! Probably NOT what grandma had in mind!! LMAO!

You never know with Grandma's. I'm sure if my gma gave me that she would have known exactly what I'd use it for.

Fabric craft images up

OK, here are some pix finally...not sure how images work here so here's a link

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...er/fabric2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...er/fabric1.jpg

Also, my wife wanted to point out that they seem to be made of home decorator fabric. Anyway, sorry for the delay!! Anyone else have any ideas??

maybe it's to wrap around rolls or bread in a basket to keep them warm?

Hmmmm....that is indeed a mystery object! Well hey, the fabric is really pretty! Maybe you can have a brainstorming session and find a practical purpose for it? I've got no good suggestions for you unfortunately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads