+ Reply to Thread

HELP dusty rose/mauve masterbath issue

Hi,

I have a huge issue with my master bathroom. The counters,tile and floor have this hideous mauve color. I can''t really afford to replace it all and wanted to know what paint color/accent would help work with this.
    My husband suggested chocolate brown, but I''m nervous it would be too dark (it is a large bathroom)
    Here it is
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...Picture191.jpg

Thank you in advance

2. # ADS

i would definitely go with the chocolate brown. use a lot of white accents to keep the space open, even a chair rail. your bathroom is beautiful though! good luck.

i think white, mauve, and brown would be a pretty hideous combination. it reminds me of Baskin-Robbins. but hey, that's just me. I would either go for a warm, light green (like a moss green) or roll with it and paint the walls pink. but this is coming from someone whose favorite bathroom is painted turquoise and orange and decorated with Divine postcards.

you can get tile decals that stick to tiles semi-permanently, if you want to try to cover up the mauve.

Go to Lowe's/Home Depot and play with the paint match machine. (or you can do it online at the Behr paint website - I just prefer to see the actual paint samples)

They'll show you some coordinating color options and have little fake rooms where you can change the colors of different walls and accessories so you get a feel for how it all goes together.

What a wonderful space to work with! If you could replace the sink counter, I don't think you would notice the tile accents as much and you could down play the mauve with other colors. Honestly you could do most of the counter work yourselves. Check out classes at your local home stores.

I would go with a green either a light Mint or a Sage green which ever one you like. I agree about the Chocolate brown if you did want to go with browns go with more of a taupe or tan. Since you already have such lush plants, I would decorate with tropcial print fabrics and wall decorations. Either Rattan, Bamboo or Wicker shelves and such. Use lots of different colors as accents then the mauve would just become a color accent instead of one of the main colors.

Good luck and I hope you share a picture when you have completed decorating!

Thank you all for your replies! I had a hard time finding my way back here.
    I totally agree about the chocolate brown baskin robbins comment!
    I took the bathroom picture to the paint store and we were able to *paint* the walls on the computer. I was surprised at the differant color combos that look pretty good with the mauve.

The absolute best was called Apple Berry. It is a darker sage green.
    Well I thought what the hell and bought the paint and you guessed it, painted until 1 last night!

The second coat is still drying, but after I put everything back together I will post a picture. I think it looks really good.
    Thank you all for your advice!
    Kim

Ads