Thread: Sports Bra?

Sports Bra?

A lovely person made me a present of two sports bras, which was nice of them, because I could't afford them myself, and want to get fitter ( I have been cursed unfortunately with boulders of doom, and when I run without a sports bra, I want to die both of embarassment and pain) The sports bras are, however, slightly too big for me. They're fine around the band, but it's the straps - they keep falling off. I've got them as tight as I can go, but they've still got too much stretch.
    Here's the crafty bit. I want to replace the elastic with something rigid. I thought about using grosgrain ribbon, or something inflexible, but I'm worried about the washability of that. I know that the old glitter had a few threads on bra making, but does anyone know of anything strong and washable which is suitable for lingerie?

2. # ADS

Here's a thread from the old Glitter:
    http://discuss.gromco.com/snl/tz32099.html

Hmm, I'm thinking something non-elastic will just rub you sore. What about just cutting out a bit of the band and sewing it back together at the back. I've done this with bathing suit tops before & it worked out great.

Remove Ads

Ads