View Poll Results: who would win in a fistfight?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-jail martha stewart

1 50.00%
  • Post-jail martha stewart

1 50.00%

Looking for photo slides

I've been searching high and low for a large quantity of developed photo slides for crafty purposes. My ex-boyfriend's parents offered me hundreds of them when they sold their house, but I didn't know what to do with them, so I said no...now I'm kicking myself because I want to make a roll up window blind with them!!!
    Any tips on where to find developed slides would be appreciated!!!

2. # ADS

Try freecycle.com or maybe get in touch with the local high school's photo journalism dept. Good luck...sounds like a pretty cool window covering!

try yard sales and or estate sales. most times if the sellers have a camera of sorts for sale they may have some old slides or negs they can part with in the garage. it's a long shot, but that way they would be free. also check into local high schools and colleges in your area like mentioned above. i know when i studied photography in college i had more than a million (give or take a few ;- ) ) slides but only used a few dozen for my projects / portfolio. a poor student would be more than willing to sell unwanted slides for dirt cheap. plus, it's less waste!

otherwise, i'd recommend taking some yourself. it's not the cheapest processing in the world but it could be a whole lotta fun! good luck. i've seen some lampshades and window coverings made out of string-ed slides and it looks really funky!

I know some folks have good look with the Craig's List website since it tends to get a lot of readership - I think it's craigsist.com or something

I just threw out a bunch!!

I work at a newspaper and starting about now and going through Christmas we get tons and tons and press releases--many of them with slides. I was saving them for a long time because I thought I might do something with them, but I got in this cleaning mood and got rid of all of them.

Tis the season that I'll start getting more at work. They're nothing great--just product shots of everything from books and toys to clothing and furniture. But if you want them let me know and I'll start saving them for you.

Remove Ads

Ads