Make a Light Box in 20 minutes or less

Hi guys! :) I know alot of crafters may already know how to make a light box, but for the ones who don't I've made a simple tutorial on how to make a light box in 20 minutes or less. I made two already!

If you are interested or if you know somebody that might need a simple tutorial on making a light box then visit my blog:

http://mlmayko.blogspot.com

2. # ADS

i have to confess it took me about 5 minutes to figure out, because in my mind a "light box" is a box with a translucent surface with a light under it that you use to trace with.

yours is for photographing objects, right?

Thanks for sharing this idea. How do the pictures work out using this? I would love to see a shot of an item using your box. I have poor lighting at my house and often struggle taking good pictures of craft items.

OH! and i was thinking either the lightbox that stella referred to or the kind for visual merchandising..... for example, an ad or something printed on plexilas glass that's mounted on a box with lights inside that's placed on a wall or window at a store....

and like cindy, i'm interested in seeing some examples of shots you've taken using this method!

Picture/Light

If you look below the tutorial post, you will see a picture of one of my crafts that I have taken a picture of with my light box. Also, I mention that you should use flourescent lights because they are excelent for lighting. But if you don't have any, you can do some retouching in photoshop or any other program that will do it.

Yes this lightbox is meant to give your crafts a better look when taking pictures in it, because the two lights that you place facing the windows are focused directly on the item. I mention this in the tutorial...

Small world. I JUST made myself a light tent out of pvc pipe! Took 5 seconds to snap the pieces together. The guy at home depot cut them all to the right sizes for me and a 10'' piece of 1/2" pvc is less than $2! I used a skosh more than 10'' but not much! All together it was super cheap. All you need besides the pvc is a white bed sheet to drape over the top and/or something to use as a background. I just used fabric I had lying around, but my pictures are coming out SO MUCH MORE PROFESSIONAL now! It''s so exciting! =0) light boxes and light tents RULE! =0)

here''s the tutorial I used:
    http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

This is super useful! I love taking photos of my crafts, but usually get disappointed with the reults.

I like the PVC pipe idea, sounds like I coudl actually make that one.

Remove Ads

Ads